SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

it's been a while but maybe we have a buyer

Susan
10 years ago

hi all, it's been a month or three since i've been here, thought i'd post an update.
we've shown the house 7 times since march first and the very first people who saw it loved it and made a full price offer--if we could swing owner financing, which isn't possible.

today we have a couple and their agent coming back for a second look with grandpa, as we can offer a studio apt in the barn so he can be on site and in his own private space.
the dad fell head over heels for the brook and it's waterfalls and swimming holes, the mom seemed very interested in the sustainable garden system we've built, complete with mini orchard, vineyard and berry patch.
realistically this land could actually provide most of a family of five's food if they were to raise poultry, pigs and work that massive garden space, which i get the feeling is her primary interest.
meanwhile while i was away yesterday someone driving past the house saw the sign and took the flyer before striking up a conversation with my handyman.
that man and his wife want to come back today for a tour, though they haven't contacted my listing agent so i have no idea if they're qualified or not.

st joseph is still buried and i've written a thank you and goodbye letter to the house.

anything else i can do to help these folks want to live here?
dh is making a cocoa cake later this morning--so it will smell good when they arrive.
and the weather is gorgeous, blue skies, warm, the brook is almost shallow enough to cross on foot--just a bit dirty still with the last of the snow melt from the mountains.
wish me luck?

oh, and we are not buying a new home, we are going to live at camp for the summer, spend a few months in sicily (free family apt!!) and maybe travel the rest of the year in a spiffy rv.exploring the usa before we decide what to do when we grow up, lol.
cool, huh?!!

Comments (31)