SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
careytearose

Its been quite a while... (sniff)

careytearose
11 years ago

Wow, has it really been since 2009-2010 that I was last here?? So much has changed, I almost don't know where to begin. Maybe the best way is to give an update, and then fast forward to mid 2012-early 2013.

(deep breath...) Sept 30, 2010, due to sad and heartbreaking circumstances beyond my controI, the keys to my sweet little house with its 100 antique and modern roses were handed over to new owners. My two teenage children and I moved into a rental townhouse with no garden and my very soon to be ex moved to WA state into a small apartment, our two WP Corgis went with him.

Need I say that my heart broke leaving all the wonderful and gorgeous roses behind and the metal structures that had been purchased for the climbing roses to grow on. I would often drive by the house to see how the roses were holding up (yes, I was in mourning).

Within a very short time all of the upper rose bed (43 roses, to make way for a lawn that promptly died), was ripped out by the new owners along with many of the front yard climbers.

Okay, enough spilt milk.

The good news, as of May 2012, is that my children and I started a new life in a new town in a new (to us, built in 1942) home with my sweetheart, a hard core gardening bf- with his front and back gardens to discover. A new page in our lives!! A new place to play in the dirt and grow lovely things. In the Fall of 2011, he asked me to suggest some roses, and he placed his first order with Antique Rose Emporium.

The few months he has been working to start the transformation of the front garden area, with my help and advice. He took out a many years old bouganvillea, that was trailing up on a front post of a front porch area and along a roof line - hallelujah! He wants roses there, and I get to choose and order them up. He has been clearing out a very large, many years old juniper hedge that ran the front of the house length. Finished today! Much of this will be my new garden area, with many roses!!

Can't tell you how good it feels to be able to look forward to beginning again with roses, and to be here. It will take me some time to catch up here! I am glad to be back!

Comments (15)