SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herus_gw

Take washer & dryer or leave it?

herus
17 years ago

We closed on our new (to us) home last week. We are moving tomorrow...almost. The plan is to move essentials and not-so-good stuff so we can stage the home for sale (I use 'stage' looseley, not sure if it will be professionally advised). When the old home sells, we will bring in the movers again for the rest.

Re the two mortgages, this was thought out and is an issue already dealt with. We are going to leave beds, nice desk, dining and living furniture (for the most part) and all other major appliances (over here, the refrigerator is often left to negotiation, the W/D always goes, and of course the rest are built in). Where we are undecided is the nearly new Oasis washer and dryer. The new home is about 8 miles away with fairly regular traffic. Coming back to do laundry could be a hassle, although we only run 3 loads or so a week, and I will be visiting quite often to watch over things.

My realtor friend says take them. I say it clearly spells out that the owners have moved on, which can sometimes bring out a bargain-hunter mentality in the buyer. (We are not desperate to sell and can hold on for a few months for the right price). He argues back that removing the W/D (the laundry room is quite small in the home to be put up for sale) will open up the space and make it appear more desirable. And so on...

What would you do? Keep in mind that not having laundry on-site is a medium-grade hassle, but not something we couldn't live without. The movers arrive tomorrow, so we need to make up our minds quick.

Comments (15)