SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slflaherty

One year and counting (lots of before and after pics)

slflaherty
10 years ago

Hi everyone!

Well, our renovate-sary is fast approaching, and in a quick walk down memory lane to reminisce about all the things we've put our house through in the past year, I thought it would be fun to share some pictures with all of you.

Keep in mind that in my head, there is no such thing as a REAL "after" picture, since I'm constantly moving things around and changing things up. And as always, your suggestions and advice are always welcome!

When we first bought our house (a 1930's Dutch colonial), the rooms on the main floor were very small and choppy.

We tore down a bunch of walls, ripped out some kitchen cabinets, did a TON of painting, and were left with this:

Here is our made-over mudroom:

Before

After (I think I mentioned that turquoise door in the "biggest decorating risks" thread)

Main floor bathroom before:

After:

Family Room before:

After: (We still have a lot of work to do in this room)

Staircase before:

After:

2nd floor hallway before:

After:

Master Bedroom before:

After:

Bedroom #2 before:

After:

And that concludes the tour (for now). You'll notice that I didn't show you the kitchen (which hasn't had enough work done yet to merit pictures). There is also a 3rd bedroom that belongs to my 11 year old daughter, and well, you know.

I hope you enjoyed my home! We are looking forward to everything year 2 has in store for us!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida