SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natesgram_gw

Help - Bedroom in Dining room - Pics

natesgram
12 years ago

Moving from a home to a 800 s.f. rental apartment has been challenging and I need more help. It may sound wierd but we switched the dining room/office/craft room with the bedroom. We have been living with it for 4 weeks and like it. But we are now moving in 2 days (don't ask) to the same layout but 5 miles away. I am allowed one painted accent wall and had paint made one shade darker than my bedspread. My question today is about drapes but let me show a few pics of my plan.

Standing in the new living room looking thru the kitchen to the new "bedroom"

My bedroom set with photoshopped wall in current apt. (the maroon bed pillow will go and the wall is a little darker).

This is the fabric I plan to use for panels. I'm actually going to use 2 tablecloths and hang them on clips and a thin bronze rod just like pipdog did with her new fantastic orange duvets. They rod will be installed just below the crown moulding.

The white faux blinds will stay and be closed at night but I want to be sure of privacy which is why I'm chosing panels that will easily open and close. I think they will look crisp with the colors of the room.

My problem? I don't know how far to install on the left and right of the set of the windows. Here are the details:

The tablecloth is 70"x 120". The windows from outside edge to edge is 76". The entire wall is 11' (132") so that leaves a space of about 28" from the edge of each window to the adjoining wall. Most of the time the panel will be pulled open to let in as much light as possible. I would like to put small pics or something on the sides of the panels.

So any suggestions? Also, how far apart do I put the clips? I will have to hem the bottom and/or fold over at the top because they are so long (as is this post). P.S. I REALLY hate moving.

Comments (7)