SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennylaney

My new granite looks green!!!!!

pennylaney
16 years ago

Hi,

Looking for some color advice. We are building a house, and the granite was installed yesterday. I don't have pics yet, but will try to get some over the weekend.

We have medium stained "toast" cherry cabinets, an "antique white" beadboard backsplash, "antique white" walls, kashmir gold granite and medium oak floors.

The granite is gold with silver, black and "toast" specks/spots. We picked it because it was fairly neutral, and the specks match the stainless appliances and toast colored cabinets.

Each piece looks beautiful by itself, and actually, the entire room looked great until yesterday. Now the granite takes on a slightly greenish tint next to that backsplash and the cabinets when you stand back. Up close, the granite looks great!

There is NO fluorescent lighting; just some regular bulbs in recessed lights and a center hanging light.

Any other color we can paint the backsplash to tone down the greenish hue? I don't know how colors work together. DH is suggesting a pale green, but I don't like green very much, obviously....

I'm thinking about taking a big pack of construction paper and putting colors over the backsplash to see what works best.

Thanks,

PennyLaney

Comments (7)