SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waterouzel_gw

Hopefully not serious Intelliflo 4 160 problem

waterouzel
16 years ago

At start up the pump shut off after a few minutes of running at 1750 rpm. The green blinking light that indicates a problem blinked 9 times. According to the maunal that indicates excessive voltage on the drive buss. I called back the electrician and he checked out the supply and it was right on at 242 volts and the amps for both legs at start was 7.2. He suggested the pump had a bad drive and that I call Pentair which I did. They can't get anyone to answer technical questions for at leasat 48 hours. I'm concerned that the water in my pebble tech pool is not going to get cleaned adequately and that will affect the finish.

The pump will turn itself back on automatically and run for another minute to 15 minutes before it shuts down again. Do I run a risk of hurting the motor doing this? It doesn't get hot.

I'm trying to get the plumebr back but everything seems to be working. The pressure in the sand filter never goes above 10 psi and the suction and return lines are all working. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Waterouzel

Comments (15)