SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolcrazy_2006

Intelliflo/Intellitouch filtration problem

poolcrazy_2006
16 years ago

Okay, we just finished our pool and filled it this past weekend. This week I've been working on getting the equipment going and balancing the water.

It turns out that some of the equipment wasn't wired correctly, so I had to figure that out. Two sam light were connected to a single relay, which is fine, but didn't allow us to set each light to a separate color and do color swim. All three of the intelliflo pumps were wired to a seperate relays (1 Intelliflo and 2 4X160). From what I understand, these pumps can be wired directly up to breakers because they are controlled by the serial interface. The heater and chlorinator were also wired up to the filter relay, so I wired them up directly too. The heater (Pentair master temp) was also wired up to the intellitouch connector incorrectly (I won't go into it, but if you have one of these and the intellitouch, don't use the three wire hookups on the control board of the heater).

Okay, so I rewired every thing last night and got everything to work correctly, except for the main intelliflo filtration pump (not the 4x160). I setup the intelliflo as directed in the manual and assigned circuit name to "pool" configured the set parameters (33000 gals and 2 turnovers per day) added a custom flow for the spa to increase the flow for jet action. Then I went to the program screen and set my start and stop time for the "pool" circuit. I assumed this information would be used to do all the necessary calculations. So I waited for the start time and sure enough the green light came on next to "pool" (I even heard the filter/pump relay switch, even though nothing is connected to it, and the actuators move to the correct position), but the pump never turned on. I verified that the pump was communicating to with the computer because when the intellitouch is in "auto mode", the buttons on the pump control panel do not respond. It just says display not active or something. When I put the intellitouch into "service mode", the buttons on the pump respond and I verified that all information was uploaded to the pump (i.e. clock, start, stop, turnovers, etc.). If I used hit the spa button, which uses a custom flow, or setup a program to activate the spa, it works fine. I even setup a custom flow for "pool" and it turns on now, but why won't it used the "Set Parameters" and program times to go into filter mode without using custom flows? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Dan

Comments (2)