SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ron_2007

intelliflo with intellitouch

ron_2007
16 years ago

I have recently had this system installed and have set up the pump to do 1 turnover a day. This is doing 1 cycle for 15 hours. My question is that reading the intelliflo user guide, if I have other features that get activated during this cycle that would increase the flow, the pump would shut off earlier than 15 hours due to the 1 turnover being achieved earlier. Here is an example from the user guide: The IntelliFlo was suppose to run in Filter mode from 1:00 to 11:00 to turnover 10 GPM for 10 hours (10 GPM 10 Hours= 6 kGal). But because Feature 3 has been running 20 GPM for 4 hours (20 GPM 4 Hours= 4,8 kGal), the IntelliFlo must stop at 8:00 because; 10 GPM* 3 Hours + 20 GPM 4 Hours= 6,6 kGal.

I set up all of the pool parameters on the Intellitouch along with creating flow rates for solar panels (45gpm) and cleaner(50gpm). These both require much more flow than the 25 gallons that the intelliflo has calculated to do 1 turnover in 15 hours. Now I would think that since these additional features are outputting more than the 25gpm that the intelliflo has calculated to do 1 turnover that the pump should shut off earlier than the 15 hour cycle. This is not the case as it runs the full 15 hours so it is actually doing more than 1 turnover.

Does this feature not work with the intellitouch?

Comments (7)