SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Check out my CL antique bargain, compared to the pricey eBay one

My3dogs ME zone 5A
10 years ago

I saw this antique oak server on CL Friday night for $200, and long story short, it's now in my garage delivered by the nice sellers. It had been in their family for years, and his mother brought it across country from Nevada to Maine.

I showed the pics to my buddy 'Chijim' in Chicago who posts here, and he said to imagine it with a marble top - Yummy! It's 38.5" high, 46.5" wide and 17" deep.

While waiting to hear back on my initial email, I looked online to see if I could find something similar. on eBay I found these two, and mine is actually a combo of features from both, having 2 drawers with the same carvings as this one -
Right here for $3070 and the barley twist legs of the one in the link below, also for $3070.

Mine needs a bit of cleaning up and waxing, but I think I got a good deal. The two top boards have a small space between them, but I'll remove the back narrower one, and glue and clamp them together.

Here is a link that might be useful: HEAVY ANTIQUE 1880 FRENCH OAK SERVER, BARLEY TWIST LEGS, 3 SHELVES, CARVINGS

Comments (13)