SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

My biggest CL purchase ever (but still a bargain in my mind)

My3dogs ME zone 5A
15 years ago

I LIKE nice things. And, I have three dogs...sometimes those two don't go hand in hand. But after reading other posts on HGTV, and the post here on the best 'fabric' for dogs being leather, well, I was looking.

I've also read here and in Duane Collie's forum that Hancock & Moore is one of the best leather sofa makers. So, I'd do a Google on H&M on CL. Nothing...Then OSH sent me a link a few months ago about one on CL in New Hampshire. I saw it, loved it, and asked for more pics. I called my sister in the furniture biz and she agreed on the wonderful quality but didn't care for the style. Her taste and mine are very different. After haggling back and forth for a while, I just decided to forget it.

A few weeks ago I got an email from the seller, asking if I was still interested. They are moving abroad, and decided to take my offer of $1,000, which was $500 less than their asking price. A friend with a trailer took me to Dover Sunday and we picked it up.

Delivery men from my sister's store moved it in for me today, and put my Sherrill chenille sofa in the cellar for the time being. I can relax on it while re-finishing furniture and playing with upholstering.

I think the new H&M one, which is called 'Kent Chesterfield' looks like it was made for this spot. It's in perfect condition and comfy. I haven't done anything yet other than throw two of my leather chair pillows on it (temporary til I make some for it) but it blends beautifully with everything in the room. It's a lot of money, but after seeing fabric ottomans at some stores that cost more than this sofa, I am thrilled with the price I paid.

I put my newly refinished CL antique table on one end as a side table.

Joey has decided that it's good enough for him, and they all have been on it and no scratches (yet)!

Comments (38)