SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Have you ever had the creeps from a CL responder?

jterrilynn
12 years ago

I put an ad on Craigslist yesterday for a leather sofa, now that son's are gone I'm going to update the room and make that area a home office and am also doing so to stage for future sale. I'm only selling it for $300 because I just want it gone. Almost immediately I got a response through email and I responded with my home phone number. The person never called but left this message today.

Hello,

Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay by money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment.I will make arrangement for the pick-up immediately after payment have been received by you. I don't mind adding an extra thirty dollars so you can keep it in my favor.Please reply with your full names,cell phone number,and address where payment should be sent.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me. Expecting to hear from you soon.

Regards

blahblah

This does not feel right so I am not going to respond back. Have you ever had weirdo's respond to your CL ads? This is the first time for me and I have bought and sold quite a few things.

Comments (21)