SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

My goodness, I wish our CL was like some of yours!

zipdee
15 years ago

Am I the only one that gets super excited if I find something that's not over priced junk on my CL .. even if I can't use it? *LOL* I actually found a nice set of wingbacks, with an ottoman this morning, in an attractive fabric and good shape .. they didn't want an arm and a leg for it either. I was excited to see it even if it didn't match my decor.

It's equally as bad to sell on too. I listed a brand new/never installed soapstone farm sink for half the retail, just because I didn't want to store it any more. The responses I received were unbelievable! Would I drive it out to the coast for them. Would I take half the price and bring it two hours away. I finally removed the ad and haven't re listed it since, I can't take the wonky calls.

Sheesh, I wish our CL was as good as some of yours, I'm amazed at some of the deals and happy for the buyers! Does anyone else here live in sparse CL land?

Comments (32)

• chloe203
    15 years ago

I do!!!
    It is mostly junk and if there is ever anything decent they want an arm and leg for it.

• bronwynsmom
    15 years ago

Oh, yes. Ours is mostly terrible junk from somebody's first apartment. Haven't tried to sell anything, because I imagine nobody is looking for nice things there...since they are so rare!
    Sigh.

• Related Discussions

The only good CL furniture I've EVER seen in our area

Q

Comments (15)
    I'm not looking for anything in particular, just sort of looking and hoping to see something good someday. I am so impressed at what others find in other parts of the country and so not impressed with what turns up around here. There's not much good quality old furniture here to begin with, and there are a lot of poor young people who are only here because they like living here -- not because they have great high-paying jobs. Lots of students and former students who stayed on and maybe they're starting to get rid of their student furniture. Not many stores that sell very good new furniture (my opinion only). It seems that when something good does turn up on craigslist, it's way overpriced because someone is trying to raise some money. People seem to have such inflated ideas of what their things are worth. I've seen stuff like a saggy stained old leather sofa, only one tiny cigarette burn on one arm, hardly noticeable if you put a pillow over it, paid $1500 five years ago, willing to let it go for $750, really comfy, lots of life still left in it, would never sell only I'm moving and have no room for it. Oh well, no use complaining, we don't need anything anyway. I'm just jealous, that's all! And yes, this is a great place to live, other than inferior craigslist and no Trader Joe's. :)
    ...See More

Good wishes for our East Coast members

Q

Comments (26)
    I have formerly lived on the Florida, Mississippi & Texas Gulf coats and I have been through 5 hurricanes in my lifetime, oneof which while working as a deck hand on a long ranging 95ft shrimp boat that was about 140 miles from the storm center so based upon my personal experience I am not afraid, but I am not a fool either........My car is gased up and packed with our camping gear so we get jet out of here on a moments notice and head 100 miles north. Many ppl seem to be under the illusion that this is not a dangerous storm because it is only a category 1 hurricane, but ppl, do not let that category number fool you. This is an extremely dangerous storm because it is tracking very slow. One cannot deny that a cat.5 storm that is pushing susstained winds of 160mph+ is extremely dangerous, but in most instances those storms tend to track rather quickly so you are only confronted with the peak winds for 4 to 6 hours and most ppl have the good sense to evacuate low areas but when we get a cat. or cat.2 storm ppl tend to take it lightly as if its no big deal. In the case of IRENE it is proving to be a very big deal because this storm is tracking very slow and has not yet made a landfall to convince ppl of how dangerous it is. At the pace this storm is tracking it could and probably will cause sustained winds in excess of 75 to 100mph for perhaps 12 hours or more. Also keep in mind that while that is the sustained wind, there are also gust that will exceed 120 to 150mph not to mention that this is an extremely broad storm and tornadoes are extremely common in the feeder bands on the edge of the storm. Also, from my experience, if you think there is even the remotest possibility that you may have to evacuate, DO IT NOW!!!! Once the mass exodus begins all the interstates and highways rapidly become parking lots. Do not wait till the last minute and end up stuck on the highway in a traffic jam.
    ...See More

I wish I could adopt some of you!

Q

Comments (16)
    LOL Gayle maybe I'd better rethink? Susan I am already thinking of painting inside, and maybe a few other things. But NO remodeling I got that part! Wedding planner is great, I told her to get a notebook for now and jot everything down! The in-law and out-laws, yep seems every family has to have a few of each! :) SheilaJoyce, nothing is set in stone yet except the date and attendants! We are going to set aside a date here in January or Feb to go look at dresses etc. She found one online that she loves tho, and she is thinking fall colors, browns,golds,red etc. Errr Video? Oh lord another thing to think about! LOL Julie, dear Julie!! Its fantastic to see you here! I know what you mean, the first wedding of DD went so fast, it seemed like it started and was over in a flash. I will get more help this time and hopefully enjoy it more! Vikki I forgot about that! I hope you handle this better than me! LOL It doesn't take much to throw me into a tizzy! LOL Maddie is flower girl and Drew and Hunter will be ringbearers! I HAVE to get a family pic taken!! I don't have one! Here is a link that might be useful: Brdiesmaid dress she likes....right now anyway
    ...See More

My CL rug is in its new home...along with some new drapes

Q

Comments (44)
    It looks so elegant yet cozy as well. Do you have any other shots we could see from around the room. I love it!!
    ...See More
  • My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

I get excited, too. Most of it is stuff that I wouldn't want, but there have been a few notable exceptions. My Hancock & Moore leather 'Kent Chesterfield' in show room condition, my hand painted Chinoiserie lamps on my mantle, my wonderful spool leg walnut side table, and the most recent find, a Hickory Chair Co chair (shown in another post today).

When I find an exception, it's been a great one!

• maggie3_2006
    15 years ago

My craigslist has lots of good stuff and at really good prices,
    so good in fact that people will buy it and turn around and put it back on for more then they paid which upsets some people.
    I just sold a little tikes garden for ten bucks and the women that bought it put it on the next day for $45, she included a link to ebay to others that were selling twice that but I dont think she realized that those ones were in mint condition.
    not sure if she sold it yet.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

"I can't take the wonky calls."

Don't put your phone number in the ad. Use email to weed out the insane people and then pick one and give them your number to call and chat to make sure they are not insane before they come to your house.

Lot of CL ads where I am say right in the ad they will only communicate by email. Period. No phone number given. It sounds like many have had bad experiences.

My CL is loaded with overpriced junk that I wouldn't take if it were free. Then every once and a while I see something that by comparison look "too good to be true" and you know what they say about that. Like this that I saw last night for $800 OBO, that they claim to be a real 19th century antique. It's not tiny loveseat sized like most from the era, and looks to be in good condition. I had fantasies of ditching my MCM style and starting with this:

{{gwi:1542552}}{{gwi:1542553}}{{gwi:1542554}}

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Look at what showed up on the Maine CL yesterday. I'm afraid that with just the word of his grandmother and no way to prove it's provenance, he's not going to get what he needs to buy a truck...

Here is a link that might be useful: antique corner chair

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Craigslist is much like any other venue or service...it takes time before people realize that it's there and that it can be useful to them. At my office of 13 people, there are only two people who have ever used it and several who asked what it is. So, until you have more of the mainstream people in your community aware of CL and it's benefit to them, you're not going to find many great and cool things on CL. Many are still intimidated by the idea of using the internet to sell items. Many think that only Net stalkers and freaks would respond (or post) to an internet ad. Plus, the number of dishonest people trying to scam others is really scary. Here in Fresno, Ca., Craigslist was nothing a year ago. Very little activity and a short list of things available. I found a great old sideboard on my local list 2+ years ago, but, that was the exception, and the lady had it listed for days before I saw it and bought it. Now, it has a fairly long list of stuff, but still, the neat things, cool antiques, and original items are few and far between. But if you do a simple CL search of San Francisco, Ca.....click on Furniture, and you will find a ton of stuff. That's partly because SF is a big, eclectic city, but also because the word about CL has spread and people see it as a good venue to unload their stuff.

If you place an ad, and I do know that this has been discussed here over and over.....I absolutely think your phone number needs to be included. Why? Well, it helps move things along and gives the person who is wildly excited to have your plaid chair the ability to pick up the phone 5 minutes after your ad goes online, call you while you are still thinking about your ad, and arrange a time to come get the chair. I hate ads w/o phone numbers, because it seems that a lot of folks put their ads online, sign off the computer and head out to the golf course. Plus, if I check CL and see your neat plaid chair, respond by email, and have to leave for work, I may not get back online till 7 p.m. By that time, my chair is gone! If I call you, we can set a time for me to come see on my lunch, right after work, or you can tell me the back leg of the chair is broken and cats have scratched off the upholstery on the back side of the chair. Then, I'm not wasting my time dreaming of your chair while I'm supposed to be giving clients exceptional customer service !

If you're selling furniture, put something in your ad to the effect:

Beautiful taupe chenille chair with Queen Anne feet. Good condition, $65.00 (See photo!) I am in North Bakersfield off hwy.99. Bring help to move chair, as it's well-made and heavy. 1-661-789-1234

That helps to make the point that YOU are not carting the chair anywhere. And remember this too; You are selling to a big audience, reaching a lot of people, and your ad is FREE. If you can't be bothered to field a few phone calls, then, haul your chair to a consignment store or put it in your next garage...

• estreya
    15 years ago

Mine is also that way, and sometimes, people price obviously tattered, abused, falling apart junk with the stuffing literally hanging out of it for hundreds of dollars. One person listed a lawn chair i'd seen at my local grocer under the CL heading of "acupuncture chair" - at double the grocer's price.

The real horror happened a while back when people were apparently snatching things from the donation bins at GoodWill and putting them up for sale. I wouldn't have known about it, except that there was an astute and outraged "bargain hunter" who spotted the same exact pieces (i guess they saw them in the bins) and called the seller out on it by posting warnings. The practice stopped, as far as i know.

I haven't yet discovered as many bargains as some folks here, but i'm working on it. :)

• melaz
    15 years ago

I knew about Craigslist before but since finding this board I am absolutely obsessed. Previously I would check it maybe once a day now I do a few times! I can't believe some of the things you guys find.

We live in Northern Michigan and our Craigslist is ALL of Northern Michigan even though we live in a fairly large city. Because of this we have to weed quite a bit out. I do agree with Red that the word about Craigslist needs to reach certain areas. Last year when I first started to look there was hardly nothing now there is quite a bit more. I was lucky enough to find a leather sofa for $40. Not perfect but I REFUSE to buy any more brand new furniture since my kids are still little. I am still on the hunt for a better one while the $40 special will go off to the basement. I love craigslist!

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

I hate ads w/o phone numbers, because it seems that a lot of folks put their ads online, sign off the computer and head out to the golf course. Plus, if I check CL and see your neat plaid chair, respond by email, and have to leave for work, I may not get back online till 7 p.m. By that time, my chair is gone!

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I can't tell you how many times I've had cash in hand, a free morning, and a full blown desire to go buy something from CL. And the seller doesn't get back to me for hours, or even days, often only to tell me that someone else got the item.

I know that's just "how it goes", but it's extremely frustrating, and now I usually won't even contact someone unless there's a phone number.

• skatermom
    15 years ago

We are in Portland and CL has some pretty high traffic, but I think with the economy more people are selling than buying.

The thing that drives me nuts is the ads that get repeated week after week at the same price for months...you'd think the seller would get a clue that their item is overpriced!

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    15 years ago

You have good points about the phone number. I did not put mine in my ads because I figured it would get picked up by some telemarketer/scammer. In my CL area I have seldom seen ads with a phone number, and some spell it out like one-eight-four-Â. (I guess to foil automatic harvesters?) Has anyone had a problem with that?

The only thing I had a fair number of responses on was my Scand. design table / chairs, and mostly when I lowered the price to under $100. For the buffet /chest I listed I had only one response, even though I had compared carefully before pricing it and lowered the price twice, coming down $150 overall. But that one response was the person who bought it. For my free sofa I had 10 responses, making me think our CL viewers/buyers are mostly people looking to find something for nothing. I donÂt know if this varies by area: we have a free category separate from items for sale.

Yet I bought MY new DR set on CL, and that was not exactly cheap. But I had priced new and decided I could not go that route. The seller had posted it several times. I saw it on my second day of looking. I hope there are more people like me out there!

For my smaller items like lamps I have had no responses at all. But they are small and I can afford to wait and inch down the price. Providing I donÂt forget to repost the ads.

I have more things to put up soon, so hope to get this system nailed down!

• redbazel
    15 years ago

Linnea, I notice the same thing about small items, like lamps and pots and vases....etc. I think probably a garage sale would be a better venue for these things, since they are more 'impulse' items. I might not be out looking for a green vase and would probably not call and arrange a time to go see one, (unless it was a collectible and me a collector!) but I might very well give you a dollar for it if I were cruising your garage sale.

Reno, ain't it the truth!!! I've been in the same position...a sunny day off, hitting the ads in my p.j.'s with my coffee and GMA on t.v. Then, I see it! The sideboard/dresser/antique chair/file cabinet/whatever and I am in full on pursuit. I'm praying that the seller is home since they just posted the ad. I'm hoping that they will answer on the 2nd ring and say, "Yeah, come on over right now!" If I have to send an email it ties me to my computer till I get a reply. I have wasted many a good day off dawdling around the house and re-checking the email. At least with a phone number, you can TRY to call and at least, leave a message. I usually put my cell number in the msg so I can head out from wherever I am during the day if they call me back.

The way I see it, the computer is awesome for the free ad posting, the ability to see several photos of my dream item, and maybe a really good description that includes height and width and condition of the piece. But for communicating with the seller, the phone is most straightforward. And with me, if there's a ph.# in the ad, the only reason I might email instead is if I'm only slightly interested and need to get more info before I even decide to do something about it.

Red

• zipdee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I agree that putting a phone number in the ad is the best and most direct way to sell a piece. With the soapstone sink I was serious about selling it and wanted to expedite the process. I made my ad very clear, put the sink was a heavy and they'd need help loading it in their vehicle, that the price was firm and I wasn't looking to trade anything for it. I understand that it's a free service and I'm grateful to be able to use it, also that fielding questions is part of making a sale.

The part I had a problem with is people blatantly ignoring what I had wrote in the ad, then calling to see if they could either get something for nothing or get me to deliver it halfway across NC for free. I have no problem answering questions about the sink, but please don't waste my time trying to 'work out a deal' when I've already placed my parameters for selling it in the ad. It's a $900 sink, I was asking $400 for it .. very reasonable .. no I'm not going to selling it for $200 and drive my car for 4 hours to bring it to you. I'd rather install it as a potting sink in the little cottage out back for that price. *LOL*

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

I love CL. :->
    I searched CL not only in my city, but also in adjacent cities. My limit is 3h out each way (that makes a bigger search area). When I used to live in LA, I didn't have to go so far because CL in LA is awesome. However, the people there are more savvy so there's less opportunity for crazy deal. And if there's a good deal -- it would be gone so fast.

Farmhouse sink that goes from 900 ---> 400 is usually tough to sell (sorry zipdee) :-> It's because of the spec of installing a fh sink is not simple, most people are picky a/b their kitchen sink (double vs. single bowl, white vs. almond, etc.). Unless you have somebody who's remodeling the kitchen w/ a FH sink in mind, you can't find a buyer. Add to the fact that it's soapstone made it double difficult because not a lot of people are doing soapstone counter. Now if it's just any good old sink, it would be easier to sell because there are probably a lot of people just looking to replace their old sink. However, you just have a lot of patience & keep listing it until you hit the right buyer. :->

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

I understand what Zip is saying. In the same note as the "haggling" thread, I notice more haggling types with CL than anything else.

I had a really cool dresser I was selling on CL. I got a bunch of flaky callers, ranging from those who "really, really needed it, couldn't I just cut them a break, single mom starting out, etc.", to the people who were "on their way right now, and couldn't I just sell it for $50". I'm not heartless, but neither am I a charity. (An aside: that's one of my bigger pet peeves on CL; the people who post about wanting free stuff. Hello???? There's an entire section of "Free" items. Heck, I could furnish an entire house for what I see on the free section.)

I think it comes with the territory, but at the same time it can be annoying. You have be *firm* in your verbiage, both written and spoken, to weed through the flakes and hagglers.

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

Forgot to add.... Zipdee, have you ever thought of advertising your sink on the Kitchens forum? I know there are a lot of people in your area, and since that area has a lot of historical type homes and renovators, you may just make someone's day by offering it for $400.

15 years ago

Another question(s) for those who have posted their phone numbers:

What proportion of legitimate calls did you receive versus crank/loball/time wasters?
    Did you list your number the normal way or spell it out? Did you receive any telemarketing calls after, that would lead you to believe it had been harvested?

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

"If you can't be bothered to field a few phone calls, then, haul your chair to a consignment store or put it in your next garage sale."

It is not a matter of "not wanting to be bothered" with a few calls.

I learned my lesson the hard way about putting up a phone number in an ad, back in the day, when I put and ad in the newspaper to sell something.

Vulgar obscene phone calls from men (really bad ones), scammers, people who got around to calling weeks later, crazy person who kept calling to chat about god and her life, and a women who got so mad when she found out it was sold that she started screaming and telling me off because "it would have been PERFECT for HER and now it was gone". A friend of mine tried selling a waterbed through the newspaper ads and told me that she only got five calls, and three of them were obscene phone calls from three different men. Who needs that carp?

"I absolutely think your phone number needs to be included. Why? Well, it helps move things along and gives the person who is wildly excited to have your plaid chair the ability to pick up the phone 5 minutes after your ad goes online, call you....Then, I'm not wasting my time dreaming of your chair while I'm supposed to be giving clients exceptional customer service!"

Tough. My safety is more important than someone else's convenience and/or impatience, or their time wasted dreaming. If someone can't be bothered to check their email that is too bad IMHO. If a seller really wanted to "speed things along" they should just put up their address too! And then let people randomly show up to view the item right? Why waste all that time with a phone call?

"I hate ads w/o phone numbers, because it seems that a lot of folks put their ads online, sign off the computer and head out to the golf course."

Maybe they had to go to work and give some of that exceptional customer service? A lot of people can't answer their phone during their shift and putting an email in a CL ad at least gets some communication going.

Everyone has the right to do what makes them feel safe. If a person has no problem putting their phone number in an ad that if fine. I personally would never put my phone number, address, or name in a CL ad. Too dangerous.

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

I never have had any nasty experiences, only what I'd call extreme hagglers.

I let voicemail pick up all calls, then I returned them. This gives me the power to control what kind of calls I'll deal with. To quote that goofy old saying, "You can't keep the birds from circling overhead, but you can keep them from making a nest in your hair."

Just because I list a contact number, doesn't mean that I have to physically pick up every call. If the item is sold, I change the message to say, "If you're calling about the dresser, thank you for your interest, but it has been sold."

I always keep the items in my garage, and arrange for viewing when my DH is home.

Dilly, I see your points, and they're valid, but there are inherent dangers in posting *anything* for sale via the newspaper or CL. After all, even if you don't list a phone number, but you eventually give a stranger your address, you risk getting hacked to bits when they come, right?

All Red and I are saying is that as avid CL buyers, will be more likely to actually pay you for your item if we can reach you expediently, than if we have to go through a field trial to finally get to you.

• citymomof3
    15 years ago

I don't list my number either. I let people contact me through email and if they don't sound crazy, will give them my cell sometimes. And I have never let anyone come to my house when I have sold things. There is a Walgreens right down the street from my house that I usually have them meet me at. It is a hassle to load up what I am selling, esp if it's bigger but I'd rather do that than have people I don't know knowing where I live. Creeps me out.

• jojoco
    15 years ago

We get some nice things in Syracuse. But Rochester is much better, just a bit too far for me.
    Wish I had the bucks for these chairs that were on last week.
    Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: Chairs I covet

• patty_cakes
    15 years ago

I've never sold anything on CL, but know for certain I wouldn't list a phone number. I've bought, and the items were outside and a good deal at that~4 FC dining chairs @$75! Very heavy and she claimed they were from Z Gallerie. Being familiar with ZG, I don't think she would have any reason to lie. Some of the stuff I see is questionable as to it's manufacturer.

I do have to say that what I see on the CL in Austin compared to San Diego, it's nicer stuff here....and more of it! ;o)

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

patty cakes: hear ye hear ye -- SD CL leaves much to be desired. My bro moved to Austin & always tried to convince me to move there. Maybe better CL is a reason to leave this sunny weather :->

• Beth Parsons
    15 years ago

I sell (and buy) quite a bit off Craigslist and I never, ever list my phone number. I've had people e-mail and pretty much demand a number so they can call and discuss the item because they refuse to deal via e-mail. Those get deleted quickly and I move on to the next person in line. It's my item to sell and I'm choosing the method I want to sell it by. If they don't like communicating via e-mail they are free to move on. I don't like calling strangers, but if they have an item I want, I suck it up and do it their way.

15 years ago

Thanks! I have teen daughter, if she accidently picked up the phone on an obscene caller she would totally freak out. We do have an answering machine but all of us sometimes just pick up, especially if we are far from the kitchen where it is. I think I will opt not to include my phone number after all.

• zipdee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Reno, Nope .. I haven't posted the sink over on the kitchen forum because I thought it would be in violation of the rules.

I'm sorry people have had problems with obscene callers. When I list a number it's my personal cell phone, not our home phone .. the kids don't answer it, so I guess if I ever have problems atleast the girls won't be subjected to it.

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

Hmmmm, I'm not sure, but I know I've seen other posters doing similar postings, selling a range that was too big, etc. I don't remember any feathers ruffling over it.

I just know that if I were remodeling in your area, and had been considering a soapstone sink, I'd be *thrilled* to find a bargain like that!

GWeb kitchen remodelers are much more aware of soapstone than I'd venture the average CL shopper is, and are really savvy. They'd know it to be a fantastic bargain.

• Jeannine
    15 years ago

I so miss Craiglist in Boston. Things would move, move, move! It was great. If your post had the words Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, Horchow, etc. in it, you'd have it sold in a second.

Down here in Virginia, I've had two people in the last 12 hours ask me to deliver linens to them in rural areas waaaay outside the city. Another emailed me from a city about an hour away asking if I would bring the linens down to her. Doesn't that seem a little odd? I check the CL for a nearby city when I'm looking for a specific item, but wouldn't dream of asking the seller to come to me unless delivery was mentioned in the listing.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

"Doesn't that seem a little odd?"

Odd? No. Scam? Yes.

I have friends who tried to sell MaryKay and Tuperware and junk like that. They deliver. When they show up, even after asking "Do you have the $49.95 (or whatever)?", when they get there the person never has the money and is always short. Then they pull the "Just sell it to me for twenty dollars or you'll have to turn around and leave and be stuck with the items." bit.

Its a test. If they can get you to do something like driving a hundres miles to deliver linens to them, they know they can manipulate you on the price too, or even ask you to just give them the item for free while pleading hardship.

• Beth Parsons
    15 years ago

I had someone do that to me last summer. I was selling a new and unopened inflatable waterslide we had and was meeting the guy about 15 miles from home since he was from the next county over. Once he got there, he examined the unopened box, said he'd take it and put it in his truck. Then he proceeded to try and short me $50 because it was 'all he had' and it wasn't worth anymore than that anyway. This was a new waterslide that retailed or $300 I was selling or $150 and after confirming the price via e-mail and phone he tried to short me!

He insisted he wasn't paying any more than $100 for it so I had him take it out of his truck and put it back in my van pronto! His 4 year old kid - who's birthday party it was for that afternoon! - was in tears and I felt very badly for him, but that money was earmarked for something for my own kids and I couldn't help that he had a real jerk for a Dad. Fortunately, I had 7 other people wanting the slide and sold it within the same hour to someone who wasn't a cheapskate.

• estreya
    15 years ago

I would be very suspicious of this, because purchasing something "sight unseen" is a huge risk! I can't imagine someone setting something like that up if they weren't totally committed to following through in good faith.

Now having said that, i once agreed to buy a "This End Up" wooden bookshelf for my garage, where i already had one i wanted to match. For those of you who might have had "This End Up" furniture in your college days, you or someone you know probably still have it cause it's virtually indestructible. I purchased the shelf sight unseen because delivery was included, perfect condition, every assurance in the world, bla bla bla.

When they arrived with the shelf, it was clear it was NOT "This End Up" brand. Still, i felt obligated to buy, and buy i did. Without even haggling. And i felt very ripped off, and it still burns me right now as i'm typing this. :) I am SUCH a conflict coward.

OK, got that out of my system.