SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolboytex

Raypak RP2100 Pool Heater Thermostat Trouble

poolboytex
15 years ago

Hi,

We purchased a house in Texas with a Raypak RP2100 pool/spa heater as part of the pool equipment. The heater works well - when the digital thermostat is functioning, but more often than not the digital thermostat goes a little haywire and comes up with it's own heat settings. You can see the pool or spa temp, but just about every time you turn the unit off and back on you lose the min/max heat settings. And trying to reset the min/max heat settings works 1 out of about 50 attempts, and sometimes not at all. It is very aggravating to say the least.

I spoke with a local pool service company that wants $500 to replace the circuit board and control panel (basically a LCD display with three touch sensitive panel/buttons connected to a circuit board). That is close to a third or more of the cost of buying a brand new heater. I've googled the PN 601533 (which is the circuit board)and have not had much luck finding out much info on the part. You cannot purchase replacement parts directly from Raypak and it looks like the RP2100 was replaced by a newer model in 2004. The heater itself looks brand new. It's pretty hot here in southeastern Texas, so we really only use the heater to heat the spa at night or occasionally the pool in the off-season months.

1) Is Raypak a good name in pool heaters?

2) Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new heater?

3) What are some other good brand names of heaters?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Comments (16)