SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pooljewel_2010

PBs please help - what would you do?

pooljewel_2010
13 years ago

We had foam jets by Crystal Fountains installed in our pool. They are in too much water according to their guidelines. However, that doesn't seem to be a problem. We've determined that there is a problem with the wave action generated by the foam jet that bounces off the wall that causes them to spin out of control(thank you huskyridor for your thoughts on that!) We placed a baffle around them to see what results we would get if we eliminated that condition. It appears to be totally a problem with the placement of them. Unfortunately Crystal Fountains has no specifications as far as how close to a wall they can be and their tech support says they have only seen this one time before. Here are pictures of how perfect they are in 6 1/2" of water with a baffle around them. PB is willing to do anything we want - they will tear out the plaster and gunite and raise them up then replace with either flagstone or the same pebble tech to bring them up to the level suggested by Crystal Fountains. However, we have already lowered the pool water level so there is only 4" over them and that did not solve the problem. The waves still caused them to spin uncontrollably. So, that doesn't seem like a good option. Or they will refund us the cost of the jets, but that doesn't really help me - they designed the pool and it's not right and all I really want is for it to all work correctly.

My question is, as a PB, what would you do in this situation? Any thoughts of something else we could try to correct the problem without ripping them out. Or, how would you take care of your customer in this situation?

Thank you in advance for any feedback or suggestions! This is a very frustrating situation for both us and the PB. I think bottom line for both of us is just to figure out something to make them right if possible.

Comments (7)