SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tulsaseller

new to selling a home

tulsaseller
11 years ago

I have been reading posts on this forum for hours now and feel very overwhelmed so excuse me if I ramble or do not make sense.

We put our house on the market over a month ago with a married realtor team that know very close friends of ours. When we first met with them they made me feel comfortable. However I now feel differently. I feel they have not done their due dillegence for us. I also feel that they are charging way too much commission(8%) and do not know how to handle that either. They are with a real estate agency that is known in the area for selling high dollar homes and ours is definitly not one of those.

The reasons I feel uncomfortable with them besides the commission aspect, are they have not showed the house to anyone. Only one person came to look at our house and it was a friend of our neighbor the morning after the sign was in the yard. We had an open house today and no one came to look. Another reason is I am not sure what they really are doing to sell my home. It took over a week and a very unhappy phone call from myself to get the pictures of my home put on any website. I also think that there is limited web exposure. I think they could advertise on more websites but not sure of what that means for them.

As far as the pricing of our home goes, I'm not sure if its over-priced or not. My area has a varitey of homes in all different sizes and price ranges which I think might be hendering me. We had to price the home for more than what we purchased it for so that we could cover the cost of selling and their commission. We have not made any major updates but we have maintained and minor changes such as cosmetic things. They have asked if we are willing to lower but have not said that they think we should.

In fairness we did have one person interested in the house from out of state but couldn't get their financing in order I guess. Never found out if that is officially over or not.

I am not really good at negotiating things of this nature as I am a very emotional person and that gets the best of me from time to time. So I think I need some general advice and to know whether or not I have something to be worried about and if so what to do about it.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Comments (7)