SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canicci

We think we have a plan

canicci
14 years ago

I've been wanting to redo our kitchen, laundry/mudroom and 2nd bath as they are all too cramped. I convinced DH that if we add on a bit into the backyard, we could move the bathroom, laundry room and expand the kitchen into the laundry room. He agreed, but was concerned that as our house is 2 bedroom, but size of 3 bedroom house, the addition would make it even more difficult to sell. And I have to agree with DH.

I thought my kitchen dream was done, but then DH had a brilliant idea. We have a very large front living room, and a very large family room. We could easily make the front living room be dining room with sitting area by moving existing furniture around, expand the kitchen into the dining room (doubling the size of the kitchen, yay!) an extension into the yard with the existing small bathroom/laundry room/breakfast nook should be big enough for a 3rd bedroom, and bigger 2nd bath, and a laundry closet. This plan is the best that we've come up with.

Mother in Law then told DH that we should just extend all the way to the garage to create a master bedroom suite - this is my favourite idea, but least likely to happen, as it'll cost the most. I can live with plan 2 - a bigger kitchen and an extra bedroom will be a dream come true. Now to get DH's uncle, who is an architect, to come visit and see what he thinks can be done.

Comments (3)