SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joshing

Any problems with pull out trash cabinets?

marvelousmarvin
12 years ago

I have a rental which I'm trying to update, mainly in the kitchen. As such, I'm replacing the old, reliable electric range for a stainless model that will match the stainless steel dishwasher.

I'll probably also need to take out the trash compactor which won't the match the appliances and because the trash compactor has always been a waste of valuable kitchen space.

But, I've never been sure what to do with that space when I took it out. At one point, I was thinking of putting in a wine rack, something non-electric because those wine coolers can be expensive and they can break down. But, I just couldn't seem to find one.

So, now, I'm thinking about using that space for pull out trash cabinets since that seems so popular.

I'm kind of hesitant because because I'd have to go find somebody who could create a new cabinet door to match the other cabinet doors for the pull out bin and I wasn't sure who could do that or how much that would cost.

More importantly, should I be concerned that a pull out trash cabinet bin would attract roaches and rodents? That was an issue awhile back for this rental, and I think its under control now.

Are there any other potential problems with installing pull out trash bins?

Comments (13)