SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

remember my bedroom project at weekend lake place?

3katz4me
11 years ago

I first "joined in" here on the conversations side because I don't do much decorating but the conversations sounded a lot like me. I was poking around here though because I was going to upgrade one of the guest rooms at our "cabin". The cabin was originally more like a bland builders white home when we first got it 13 years ago. We've gradually changed things but overall it's an eclectic mix of old and new stuff - nothing that's very expensive.

As some people might recall I have lots of builders white, wallpaper and wallpaper borders. I had some extra time this winter and decided I would finally do something with one of these bedrooms. When I say I don't do much decorating I mean I rarely even paint a room. You'd be appalled at how many things I just never change if they're not worn out.

So anyway, I finally "finished" my bedroom project this weekend - waited until after boys golf weekend to put the new linens on the bed. Also replaced the dorky little pink boudoir lamp with some new ones and repainted the top of the little table as the old color didn't work with the new scheme. I got rid of the border and painted last February once I found a headboard and quilt that I liked.

Here's the before and after. The room is a small rectangle so this is really is about all that's in it. I THINK I'm inspired to do our master bedroom next winter.

BEFORE

AFTER

Comments (7)