SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_789564938

Weekend lake house: need thoughts on the upstairs area

Michele W
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are building a 2700 sf lake house as weekend/vacation place. I wanted to get thoughts on whether we should reconfigure our upstairs area from 2 bedrooms and 1 medium-sized shared bathroom to 2 bedrooms with 2 en suite bathrooms.

The house has 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and a powder room. The master is on the main floor as well as bedroom 2. Both have en suite bathrooms. A powder room is also downstairs. I have attached the floorplan for the upstairs, which contains 2 bedrooms (bedroom 3 is a kids bunk room) and a shared bath. Both rooms have medium-sized closets. We are wondering if we should change the upstairs by creating 2 smaller bathrooms by taking the space from the shared upstairs bathroom and changing the closets to reach-in closets to create two smaller en-suite bathrooms. One thought that got me to think about this is there could be some weekends where the upstairs bath is shared by 4 kids in bedroom 3 and an adult couple staying in bedroom 4. Before asking our team to re-open the plans, what do you think about the idea?

Comments (16)