SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calicocat1967_gw

New Color Scheme In Bedroom

calicocat1967
13 years ago

Hi Everyone. I don't post often here, but I read every post. I am so inspired by everyone. I decided the other day that I needed a color change in my life. I needed to step out of my comfort zone of earth tones. I started with a new bedspread and went from there. All ideas were from here. The old windows over the bed...I still want to add something to them. I also purchased new lamps, love the clear sleek look. I would love to paint the night stands, but that would be grounds for divorce I am afraid LOL !! So, I am thinking of covering them with white fabric? Your thoughts, I had a small tablecloth that I used on one to see what it would look like. On the wall grouping of boxes, they were salvaged from Great Grandpa's shed. I went around the house to see what I could paint aqua to add to the room. I have never painted anything then distressed it. I started with the "A" on the old window. I could not beleive how easy it was....just paint aqua then I skimmed it with dark walnut stain and wiped off what I didn't want. I was hooked, I scoured the house looking for things to paint. I painted the "A", the star, the little chair, the little watering can. Now I want to find an old chair to paint and put under the birdcage hanging from the ceiling. I am thinking about white curtains? I am not much for curtains, but feel it may soften the look of the room. Please critique as I am new to this color scheme. I have included a couple of before pictures to give you an idea of the change.

Thanks,

Kim

Comments (8)