SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Homebuyers last minute demands (a vent)

11 years ago

So, it is the end of the very long road of home selling and home buying for me. Both houses close this week and we are scheduled to move in/out Thursday and Friday. But here is the latest (and this is a vent more than anything):

I guess the homebuyers were poking around the outside of our house at some point while we were at work yesterday (in 8 inches of snow - but that is beside the point) and here are the things that they "want to know what we are going to do about it" before they will sign off their loan today (scheduled in 90 minutes....they sprung us last night around 5).

1. the gate to the fence is broken ....um...yeah like it has been for the past 15 visits and is mentioned in the sellers disclosure and wasn't brought up in the inspection or appraisal process
2. the trim around the garage doesn't match...um...the bottom two inches is fresh paint that hasn't had time to fade yet because we completed the repairs to the bottom of the wood that you asked us to.

Apparently they expected us to repaint the house to match this two inches of trim and do some fence repair all in the dark and in the snow.

And their final walk through is today so I can't wait to hear what doozies they bring up for the interior of the house. I can imagine comments about "holes in the walls" where pictures used to be and other very important structural issues.

Comments (22)