SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

How stupid I am!!!

ivamae
14 years ago

The day before yeserday I went to heat some frozen friendship bread. I put it on a little plate, covered it with a paper towel, put it in the microwave and heated it a short time. It wasn't quite warm enough so I set it for another 8 seconds. Later I realized the microwave was still running. I had set it for 8 minutes in a fairly new 1200 watt oven. I quickly shut it off and started to open the door and a very, very thick dense cloud of smoke etc was coming out so I quickly shut it again and pulled the plug on the oven in case it caught on fire. When it cooled down and I opened the door, the butterscoth bread was charcoal, the paper towel was fried to a crisp, the smell was terible. I opened all the windows. The inside of the oven was very discolored. I washed it and much came off but still left a lot I put a dish of vindgar inside and left it over night but that didn't help. I put a dish of baking soda in it yesterday but that hasn't helped. Last night I washed it all out again with javex and this morning it is still very rank. Now, I have boiled water with some baking soda and left it sitting in it. I'm not even in the same room and can smell it stongly.

Is there anything else I can do or am I going to have to pitch it and buy a new one?

All suggestions much appreciated.

Comments (26)