SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acheavacci_gw

First time home seller looking for advice

acheavacci
11 years ago

We are first time home sellers so this process is very new and sometimes overwhelming. Our house is eleven years old and on the market for 18 days at $247,900. It is a three bedroom 2.5 bath center entrance colonial in a very nice neighborhood with a good school system. Similar homes, with the same sq footage but some have four beds 2.5 baths, have sold at $242,900, 247,250 $240,000 and $187,900(foreclosure) within the last six months just in our development. And, $246,900 $245,900 and $241,500 just this past week all within two miles of our house. We know that a new roof is needed but did not have a chance to fix due to the weather. We have three estimates all within $200 of each other to replace and are willing to replace.

So now we have an offer for $227,000 plus seller concession for $5,000 and to fix the roof complete tear off with 30 year Architectural shingles. I believe that this is too low and would like to counter. Should I insist our REA meet with us at our house? I get the feeling that he wants to do this over the phone, but I do not feel comfortable without seeing the contract. Is this standard practice? I would also like to ask if the buyers submitted a deposit, and if they attached comps to justify the offer. Are there any other questions that I should ask?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)