SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessicaml

SOS!! Contrasting headboard?

jessicaml
12 years ago

As usual, I bit off more than I could chew in terms of simultaneous projects, and I need help with my headboard. I have cheap oak dressers that I'm staining with Minwax Brazilian Rosewood to look dark reddish brown. They're looking much better!

However, I also have a cubby headboard rather like this:

but in ugly fake wood grain laminated particle board. I originally planned to gel stain that too, but it isn't working like I hoped and I'm short on time. So I need another solution, and the easiest thing seems like it would be spray-painting it (no time or budget for furniture shopping just now, and since our bedroom is too small for nightstands, the cubby part is really handy!).

My walls are about to be painted pale green, and though my current bedspread is brown, I'd like to get a white duvet or matelasse bedspread.

Here are my inspiration pics:

They all seem to have headboards that coordinate pretty well with the other furniture. So, I don't know if I should spray paint the headboard dark brown, or black, or bronze or white like the trim, or a different shade of green...or decopage it with something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to have the bedroom pretty well done by next week when DH comes home. Thanks!

Comments (10)