SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ja_doe

Matching Headboard broke,can't be repaired. What HEADBOARD/BED to get?

Ja Doe
5 years ago

Hello.

I started a make over on this room, and thought I was going in one direction, but since finalizing my decisions, the headboard to the set has become damaged and can't be repaired. But the rest of the furniture is in great condition and we'd really like it keep it.

The question is now, what headboard/bed set should we get?

The set is no longer available for purchase, so we can't just replace it.

We were thinking silver metal to match the hardware on the nightstands and dresser, but we don't really like metal headboards/bed sets as the bed is always "wiggly" and uncomfortable, etc.

We'd like to get a solid wood bed, (kids will be jumping on it,) preferably a platform bed so we don't have to deal with a bed skirt/dust ruffle (which we hate.)

We also don't want a fabric headboard.

So wood it is.

Problem... what wood color and design?

The set that it will be with is very shiny and dark brown with a bit of "diamond" design to it. (I tried to take close up pictures of the design, but not sure if it will show on here.)

We were thinking Off White, Black, Gray in terms of color (although not set on anything at all.)

But the design is tricky, because the set is so modern. We'd like to stick with the modern theme, but are open to other ideas (just not "beachy", "cottage", or "cabin".)

All ideas are welcome.

Thank you.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida