SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rednellie

Has anyone painted an earthy lavender or plum?

redbazel
16 years ago

I wish I knew what to call the color I'm thinking about. I picked up some Sherwin Williams chips tonight and kind of like Enigma, Intuitive, and Soulful. They are all in the lavender tones, but with a muddiness to them. I keep seeing this color on walls in magazines, and used in throw pillows. My bedroom is Laura Ashley Gold #3 and I am simply thinking of cranking up the attached bath a bit. It has dark wood floors, very neutral beige/taupe tiles and copper framed mirrors. I have NEVER used even a hint of any purple anywhere. Rest of my house is mainly in the muted sage arena.......Baby Turtle down the hall off my bedroom and on into the Living area, Northhampton Putty in the Dining room, and Reds in entry and kitchen. (See bedroom in this shot and next couple of photos) Right now I have a red in the shower area and a continuation of the Gold #3 in the small vanity area off the bedroom. Am I just being lured in by the magazines? Could this work? I need to buy new towels anyway, so thought that if I wanted to change the paint, Now is the Time!

Red

Comments (10)