SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Need help finding paintable anaglypta border for dining room

You geniuses can find anything, right! I know you can! IÂve seen you in action! I need helpÂ

A few weeks back I asked here about finding the name of a textured paintable border that will be above a chair rail in a traditional dining room. I found out what I was looking for was called "anaglypta" or "lincrusta". I was looking for something neoclassical or architectural, maybe egg and dart, to go with antique furniture. But I have been looking now for while and canÂt find what I want. When I Google search I can find very little under that name: what turns up is linen or stucco textured vinyl wallpaper.

Now I am running out of time. I need to have all the supplies in the next month to 6 weeks so I can tackle this project before I start my summer of being out of town every weekend on business.

WHERE can I find this stuff?

Here is a picture of the closest thing I found, but at $225 a roll I donÂt think I will be able to buy many rolls of this! Plus it's more empire-style than neoclassical, it's a "frieze" and is too wide at 11 inches. What I need is 7 inches, or something in that range.

http://www.wallpapersplus.com/product15755.html

Whoever helps me find this will be invited to dinner in the new dining roomÂ.!

Here is a link that might be useful: empire style frieze

Comments (17)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals