SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

show me your best half-bathroom pictures

purrus
14 years ago

Hi everybody,

We have the world's most disgusting/hideous half bathroom. It has crappy old panelling and gold wallpaper on the ceiling and fan vent, dingy tile (that is cut out around the falling-apart old vanity, which is the same crappy color as the wall panelling). And horrible lighting and the original (50-year-old) toilet. We are getting it professionally redone next month. The problem is I have no idea where to start with floor tile choices!!

This is the only picture I have of the bathroom (that's my real estate agent's kid in the picture) :

My style is traditional/modern. I mostly like clean lines and modern light fixtures. I keep seeing an extremely pale pink for this bathroom, with white tile on the floor and white floor moldings. I think we're going for a white pedestal sink and a new white toilet.

The pale pink I'm envisioning is also used in my dining room. It might be too much for some people, but I adore it.

I am have such a hard time envisioning what kind of tile to get for the floor. It is a tiny bathroom, so something like too busy might not be good, but then again I love patterned black/white tiles (and I have lots of black/white patterns throughout the house). And don't even get me started on picking a mirror or vanity lighting (it has two sconces on either side of the mirror right now. I'd like to keep the sconce layout, and just buy new fixtures...)

Anyway, I'd love ideas for the tile or sconce fixtures, as well as any pictures of half baths (especially modern ones) you really love. I need help!

Thanks!!

Comments (2)