SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

need help with great room please!

laurensmom21
12 years ago

Hello! I would love to get your suggestions for my great room. My room feels just ok and I would like to take it up a notch to GREAT!

First of all, I'm trying to decide whether to keep the current paint color or repaint everything BM Linen White. I'm a stay at home mom and very tired of looking at these wheat colored walls for the last 5 years, however we are going to be building a new house within the next year (hopefully) so we'll need to sell this one at some near point. Would off white walls be bad for resale?

this is the view when you first walk in the front door:

{{!gwi}}

this is looking toward the tv from the kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

Secondly, I have off white slips for my couches which I rotate in and out. I've currently got them off to wash (but honestly, the brown upholstery is much comfier for the kids.) But there is just TOO much brown right now. I purchased some Robert Allen fabric to make pillows, but now I'm not sure if I should look for something else. I love the aqua, blues, and green colors - especially for spring/summer.

{{!gwi}}

Third, we just purchased the tv and have plopped it on the sofa table which used to be behind the loveseat w/2 lamps. I'm thinking of now putting the tv on this dresser I just got via CL for $100. I'm going to repaint the dresser - any ideas on what color? Should I paint my coffee table too, or maybe I need a rug for another pop of color?

{{!gwi}}

Fourth, disregard the giant armoire - it's getting moved to the basement. But what the heck do I put on either side of the tv? I really need some display space but am hesitant to purchase something since we'll be moving soon... I also thought about maybe putting a small desk w/chair against the window to the left of the fp. Something like this

{{!gwi}}

Fifth, do I keep these curtains? I have a large round PB mirror that I will probably relocate to above the fp. Should I hang the artwork around the tv? eek! I need help!

{{!gwi}}

Finally, here's a shot of my front door area. I have an old church pew to the left which I plan on getting some pillows for (right now it's a junk mecca for returning library books, storing old shoes, and various toys that get dragged out throughout the day!). Should I get a curtain or something for this front window? wall decor? looks really blah as I look at this pic...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

(and there's my little helper!)

thanks for all your thoughts! I really appreciate it :)

Comments (10)