SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roo7va

Great room seating area, help me create cohesion please!

roo7va
6 years ago

We just moved into our newly built home with an open floor plan/great room and I am ready to purchase some furniture. I have acquired a few pieces over the years, which must be incorporated (Japanese hutches flanking the fireplace, step chest, tall red asian console, possibly the red asian coffee table, but that one is negotiable because it needs to be repaired due to moving mishap). I created a raised fireplace with a simple mantle and mixed mosaic tile. I am using copper accents throughout the attached kitchen and living space. Because this will be a tv and entertaining space, and I want to keep the fireplace as the focal point, I have relented to my husband to put the tv over the mantle, but insist on the Samsung "The Frame" tv (so that it looks like art when not in use). I'm including photos of pieces that I'm drawn to. Husband has his mind set on an Eames style lounger, which I thought to put by the staircase and I'm thinking high leg recliner for the opposite side of the room with a sofa centered in front of the fireplace. Input greatly appreciated. The sectional is going into the finished basement rec room. Also need window treatment suggestions!

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath