SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judy333_gw

Received Flower Block Swap Blocks

judy333
16 years ago

Starting a string to update which sets of flower blocks I've received. Already there's at least one set in the mail!!! Reminder: All flower blocks are to be postmarked on or before April 1.

Flower Block Swap Participants:

1. judy333

2. meima

3. caroline1947

4. vicky4x4

5. katy122

6. lockeb

7, juttz

8. nanciii

9. ddavisgray

1. amcfeely
  2. suellen_delawares
  3. gininmn

I've fallen in love with my fabric and it's making the applique process much more enjoyable. Whether you are piecing or appliqueing, enjoy sewing this month!

Comments (36)

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have been a very busy quilter working on my flower blocks! My first batch arrived last week - from Caroline! They are BEAUTIFUL!

Flower Block Participants:

1. judy333
    2. meima
    3. caroline1947 - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4
    5. katy122
    6. lockeb
    7, juttz
    8. nanciii
    9. ddavisgray

1. amcfeely
    2. suellen_delawares
    3. gininmn
  • judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! Today I got another set of flower blocks. Here's the updated list:

Received Flower Blocks:

1. judy333
    2. meima
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    5. katy122
    6. lockeb
    7, juttz
    8. nanciii
    9. ddavisgray

1. amcfeely
    2. suellen_delawares
    3. gininmn

I know that Bill and I are both working on our blocks this week. How are the rest of you coming along? Reminder that the latest date to mail them to me is April 1 (eleven more days, eghad!!!). If you don't yet have my mailing address, simply email me at judika3 at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

• Related Discussions

Flower Swap Blocks Mailed Out

Q

Comments (38)
    YES! I have definitely decided on the complementary fabric! I found some fabric at a local (local for me is half an hour's drive away!) small quilt shop. I've auditioned it with the blocks and I love it! Yesterday, while online, I found the same fabric on sale at the web link listed below. I was ecstatic because the store where I bought it only had a few fat quarters. I ordered two yards online because I can definitely use this fabric with other projects as well. Now I can't wait for summer vacation to put the flower quilt together! (Being a teacher, May and early June are insanely busy. All quilting goes on "hold"!!!) Here is a link that might be useful: Judy's Sashing & Border for Flower Swap Quilt
    ...See More

Crayon Cat Blocks Receive List

Q

Comments (23)
    Red, Mine went out in the mail today, so you'll have them tomorrow or the next day....I also included the brown strings and 2 lotto blocks...I drive them crazy at our PO.... AND, when I mailed that package, I picked up my flag blocks...What a treat, gorgeous blocks, ladies! Dorothy
    ...See More

Flower Block Swap Updated Details & Sign-Ups

Q

Comments (68)
    Hi Everyone,, I sat down to work on my blocks last night - hoping to get a great start on all 12 blocks...I had found the pattern I was going to do - cut all of my pieces for all 12 blocks....that's a lot of pieces...only to find out that once I had pieced the first block, there seems to be a problem in the pattern because the pieces don't line up.....so it's back to square one - I think I've found another - pattern....but not sure that I can recut any of the pieces that I've already cut...we'll see..but this time, I'll cut one and put it together to make sure that it looks right first....Guess we learn by trial and error.... Have a great weekend everyone... Bill
    ...See More

Christmas Swap Blocks Must be Lost

Q

Comments (18)
    Kathi: Awful, isn't it! I sent a finished quilt (big enough to cover just the top of a queen-sized bed, minus where the pillows go) to Japan about a month ago and it also seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Too late, one of my students told me that lately a lot of packages people have sent her (in the States) from Japan never got here. I am still hoping that the quilt will turn out to have been delayed by a Japanese Customs Inspection, but I'm not holding my breath, either!
    ...See More
  • lockeb
    16 years ago

Good Afternoon...
    I hope that everyting is enjoying the swap....I make myself a goal to get my blocks all finished this weekend and I'm almost there..I'll have them all completed this afternoon.....
    Will have them out in the mail on Tuesday - once our post office opens after the Easter Holiday.
    HAPPY EASTER everyone...
    Bill

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Hey all! I forget when this swap goes out??? Cant wait to see all the flowers!

• meima
    16 years ago

My blocks are ready to mail. Could you send me your address?
    Thanks,
    Meima

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bill and Meima - I just sent you my mailing address via email. I can't wait to see your flowers! As for my progress, five blocks are finished and the others are awaiting one more piece (a circle) to be appliqued. The end is in sight!!!

Caroline, the postmark due date is April 1; let's see how fast the postal system works with our squishies!

• amcfeely
    16 years ago

Well I started cutting sort of. But I will have them done. I am going to take some time from Conner duty this week and have my DH watch him so I can have some time to whip these out.

Amy

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update, Amy. You are going to love these blocks. Although I only have three sets right now, all three flowers are different and wonderful!

Back to sewing a binding on a quilt that's going in a show on Friday. Nothing like last minute...

Judy

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is having fun with their blocks...mine will be out in today's mail......it's been great......can't wait to see everyones blocks.
    Bill

• meima
    16 years ago

Mine are in the mail. (I'm a new quilter so I hope they are okay.)

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Meima,
    So am I - totally new - I'm also hoping that mine are okay.....don't worry - I'm sure that everyone's will be fine......
    Bill

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Mine goes in the mail in the morning.
    This is a great swap, I can hardly wait to see what everyone has done.

doris

• meima
    16 years ago

Hi Bill,
    You will be getting a package soon. I just couldn't wait to send the sewing machine patterns. I am also curious as to how long it takes our little packages to travel around. I'll look for notion patterns for your birthday block package.
    Meima
    P.S. I thought you were a veteran quilter!

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Meima,
    I'm so excited...thanks.....
    Have a great day!
    Bill

• gininmn
    16 years ago

I mailed my blocks this afternoon.
    Ginny

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I have 3 blocks done only a few more to go. LOL Now I'm realizing that I don't have enough of the white on white print that I have been using. So tomorrow I get to go to the hardware store and Walmart because those are the only place I could have gotten it. Small town life is wonderful just not a lot of fabric stores. My husband leaves in the morning for a week of work in CA. I will have the house to myself. We don't have any children but we do have kids.LOL

Suellen

Here is a link that might be useful: more kid pictures

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I just looked in my saved emails and if I did have your address I can't find it now. Could you send it to me? Thanks.
    Suellen

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I just finished my last block! Here is something funny when I was packaging them to send out Monday I discovered that I had made 14 blocks! 2 more than I needed.
    Suellen

• amcfeely
    16 years ago

My blocks are done and I am headed to the post office in just a few minutes. I will send them priority so they get there faster.

Amy

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, quilters, it's April 2!!! Here's an update of the flower blocks I've received:

1. judy333 - HERE
    2. meima - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    5. katy122
    6. lockeb
    7, juttz
    8. nanciii
    9. ddavisgray - RECEIVED

1. amcfeely
    2. suellen_delawares
    3. gininmn - RECEIVED

All of the blocks are unique and WONDERFUL!!! Several others are in the mail. I'm sure you are itching to see them. Hopefully, the postal system will be kind to us and speed those blocks to Massachusetts!

Judy

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yesterday I received another set in the mail! I am aware of two more sets still in transit. Sadly, one member is not able to complete her blocks. Two others have not communicated lately. I'm tracking them down to see if theirs are also in transit. (The Christmas block swap I was in at this forum had a similar problem; we didn't get all 12 to send in the blocks. Sob...) I'll let you know by Sunday what I find out.

Anyway, the ones here are absolutely wonderful and will make a great quilt or sets of wall hangings!!! Bravo to all you quilters who participated!!!

Updated list as of April 3rd's mail:

1. judy333 - HERE
    2. meima - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    5. katy122
    6. lockeb
    7, juttz
    8. nanciii
    9. ddavisgray - RECEIVED

1. amcfeely - RECEIVED
    2. suellen_delawares
    3. gininmn - RECEIVED
  • judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just got home from work and can report that two more sets of blocks arrived today. Our wonderful ddavisgray blessed us with a second set to make up for someone who had to drop out. As I stated in my earlier post today, I haven't heard from two others; therefore, I've emailed them to see what's up.

Updated list as of April 4th's mail:

1. judy333 - HERE
    2. meima - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    5. ddavisgray - set 1 - RECEIVED
    6. lockeb - RECEIVED
    7, juttz
    8. nanciii
    9. ddavisgray - set 2 - RECEIVED

1. amcfeely - RECEIVED
    2. suellen_delawares - IN TRANSIT
    3. gininmn - RECEIVED

Judy

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Judy,

I just got your email. I would to apologize to the list of swappers for not going this swap. I totally did not even remember signing up for this back in Novmeber. With SIL's MSRA infection and everything else. I did not keep up with any of it since then. I hardly venture here much so I do not keep up. Again I am so sorry I screwed up big time.

Nanci

• meima
    16 years ago

Hi Judy,
    If we can put off sharing our blocks for another month, I would make another set. This is the busiest time of the year for me at our school, so I couldn't do them immediately. I would be glad to do them if we can wait.
    Let me know.
    Meima

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll be emailing everyone who made a block later today. I plan to make another block for everyone in the next four days as I await the last set that's in transit. That leaves us one block short ------ which is exactly what happened with this forum's Christmas block swap of which I was a member. (In that case, we received two of our own blocks back and had to make our own block to make a total of 12.)

There is one more possibility: Is there anyone else out there who could make a set THIS coming week and mail them out by next weekend? (Perhaps someone on the waiting list who does not have a full-time job and has the time to participate?) If so, let me know today or tomorrow here at this forum or privately at judika3 at yahoo dot com. Trust me, the flowers I have at my house awaiting distribution are really nice and are awaiting a home. Here are the requirements if interested:

1. Make twelve 12 1/2 inch (unfinished size) flower blocks.

2. Background color: white on white!!!

3. Flower color(s) and design: your choice...think spring/summer (example: no poinsettias - much too Christmassy) - - appliqued or pieced or paper-pieced or a combo

4. Keep one block and mail the remaining eleven blocks to me (If you want to pin a small piece of paper with your name on each block you send, that's great...many quilters like to know who made which block.) Email me so that I can give you my address...I'm judika3 at yahoo dot com.

5. Along with the eleven blocks, make sure you include with them a large self-addressed, stamped return envelope so that I can mail you your blocks!

Thanks!!! Again, members already in the swap group, I'll be emailing you privately later today.

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received another set on Saturday!!! Thanks, Darla! I love the pattern!

Updated Received List:

1. judy333 - HERE
    2. meima - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    6. lockeb - RECEIVED
    7, crafteedee - RECEIVED
    8. alabamajanet - finished and will be mailed out

1. amcfeely - RECEIVED
    2. suellen_delawares - IN TRANSIT (2 weeks now...both of us are checking post offices for reassurance that sometimes this happens from Utah to Massachusetts)
    3. gininmn - RECEIVED
  • coalaska
    16 years ago

Just curious, Judy...If you have 12 people, won't there be 12 blocks? I'm no good at math, but it seems to me like you've got all you need. :)

Cheryl

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cheryl -

You are correct in that all 12 sets of blocks have been made. This string is to indicate which ones successfully made it through the Canadian and American postal systems and are sitting in my Massachusetts livingroom waiting to be packaged. As of this weekend, I'm only missing suellen_delawares' and alabamajanet's. (Alabamajanet was one of our wonderful last-minute substitute blockmakers whom we love!!! We love Suellen, too; sadly her blocks are somewhere held up in the postal system. It's not her fault whatsoever that they are late.)

Hope this all makes sense, Cheryl!

• coalaska
    16 years ago

thanks, Judy :)

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Talk about FAST mail! Today I received alabamajanet's blocks. YIPPEE!!! (Your block made me smile, Janet!)

Updated Received List:

1. judy333 - HERE
    2. meima - RECEIVED
    4. vicky4x4 - RECEIVED
    6. lockeb - RECEIVED
    7, crafteedee - RECEIVED
    8. alabamajanet - RECEIVED

1. amcfeely - RECEIVED
    2. suellen_delawares - IN TRANSIT (2 weeks now...)
    3. gininmn - RECEIVED
  • gininmn
    16 years ago

So glad to hear that Alabamajanet's blocks arrived so quickly. Sure hope that Suellen's stop doing a USPS walkabout and make it to their destination real soon.

Ginny, hoping for snow to melt and spring (and flowers) to arrive

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Ginny,
    my Irises are blooming! Early blooming season here in AZ. They are short, but I have 3 blooms! It took 7 yrs, but the bulbs from my husband's grandma's old house in WA finally produced the first flower last year after a good freeze & snowfall. I can't keep much else alive here with the heat & the javalinas...pesky animals.

So....how long does it usually take for pkgs to be returned or that we decide that they got tossed in the "USPS black hole" never to be seen again?

{{!gwi}}

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If the lost blocks do not arrive by this weekend, I will be sending out the packages without that block. In the past two years reading postings, I have read that this has happened before. Fortunately, most of the packages eventually arrive...some two months after being sent! I'm in the process of cutting out pieces to make the 12th block if the package doesn't arrive.

Judy

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Judy,
    You've been wonderful hosting this swap.
    With all the problems we've had, thank you to the many who have stepped in to help out, and Judy,you've been such a trooper.

Hopefully the last package will get there in the next 2 days.

Thank you for your dedication to this swap.

I'm so excited to see these. I just know they will be perfect.

I hope it hasn't been too much trouble for you and you will continue to come up with such great ideas for swaps.

Thank you for your patence with all of us.

I just know the reward of the flower blocks will be so worth it.

Thanks so much,
    doris

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm sending out the packages minus the missing block. I'll mail out that block separately once the lost-in-space package arrives. Enclosed in your package is an extra applique block for those of you who need to finish a 12-block flower quilt and can't wait. However, the pieces are fused only and will need to be buttonhole stitched or satin stitched in order to hold up over the years.

Let's keep hoping for the missing package to show up!!!

THANK YOU for your patience!

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Judy,

You have gone above and beyond for this swap. Thank you so much.

Vicky~