SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judy333_gw

Flower Swap Blocks Mailed Out

judy333
16 years ago

I mailed out the flower blocks this afternoon. Please post on this string when you receive them. Thanks!

Comments (38)

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

I'm looking forward to getting this blocks. I hope the mail is quick. :)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I received my BEAUTIFUL blocks today. Everyone did such a nice job and I am very happy to have them.

Thank you,
    Vicky

• Related Discussions

Received Flower Block Swap Blocks

Q

Comments (36)
    Judy, You've been wonderful hosting this swap. With all the problems we've had, thank you to the many who have stepped in to help out, and Judy,you've been such a trooper. Hopefully the last package will get there in the next 2 days. Thank you for your dedication to this swap. I'm so excited to see these. I just know they will be perfect. I hope it hasn't been too much trouble for you and you will continue to come up with such great ideas for swaps. Thank you for your patence with all of us. I just know the reward of the flower blocks will be so worth it. Thanks so much, doris
    ...See More

Patriotic Fabric swaps mailed!

Q

Comments (16)
    Yee Haw! I got my fabrics today! Let me tell you, they were worth the wait! They are beautiful. Thanks for doing this swap Amy. I've got to get me some shelves to put my fabrics on. They are all stuffed in plastic totes in the closet. I have to dig all of them out just to get to the one I want. I have to get organized...soon. It's so much easier to just go buy material than search for what I want. ~Abbigail~
    ...See More

Months of the Year blocks are Mailed!

Q

Comments (14)
    Amy mine arrived today!! What beautiful work everyone has done. I love them all. I'll take a picture and post it. I am missing a block though. I think it's April. So if anyone has an extra one stuck in with yours, it's probably mine. Thanks again Amy for hosting and thank you everyone for such beautiful blocks. doris
    ...See More

Christmas Blocks are swapped out!

Q

Comments (8)
    My daughter, our Post Office person, is excited...She loves when I get quilting packages and this one, we're both anxious to get....I have a feeling she's going to want something made for her house... Thanks again, Mary for all your work..... Dorothy
    ...See More
  • crafteedee
    16 years ago

I'm off to check (walk to) my mailbox. Vicky...I know where you live (WAY far from me)...so I have a feeling mine won't be there. :( But the USPS might surprise me today. :)

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Well...the USPS has come thru! My flower blocks arrived today! And they are ALL lovely.

Bill, your note was sweet. Your block is awesome. That was quite an undertaking to do 12 paper pieced blocks...& I believe the ONLY paper pieced out of the bunch.

Thank you Judy for the extra effort you put in to make the swap complete. I'll have to sit down soon & finish your lovely block.

At least with this swap (as opposed to a few others I've done)...there's a common color - GREEN. This makes my fabric shopping just a bit easier.

BTW...I've never truly FINISHED a swap quilt before. How do ya'll finish them? Do you write the name of the swapper on each block, on the back/label, or not at all?

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Crafteedee,
    Thanks..I'm so glad that you like the block..and it was my first attempt at paper piecing - so I'm glad that they were a success.....it was fun -
    Now I can't wait to see my blocks as well..I'll be leaving for Newfoundland on Thursday - til the 10th..so perhaps they will be here when I get back....
    Have a great evening!
    Bill

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

I was out of town attending a funeral until late last night. It was so wonderful to come home to my beautiful flower swap blocks.

I kept looking at them trying to decide which ones I liked best and ended up hugging them all!

They are wonderful!!!!

Bill I want to say, you are really good!
    I have a box full of almost paper pieced items that failed.
    I agree with Dee, that was quite an undertaking and you did a great job. You should be proud of yourself. I know I'm proud to have your block in my quilt. I hope you get your blocks before you leave, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I was thinking about waiting until I received my birthday blocks before putting my blocks together, but after seeing them all laid out, I don't think I can wait that long (August).

Dee, I usually take a picture of my blocks and include the name of each person that made them and put it in my quilt pitcure album, that way, I can easily find the name of the person that made each block. I don't know how others do it.
    Here's an example from the 2006 Christmas swap we did:

Although I sometimes use my swap blocks for projects other than a quilt or throw for myself, I always have the picture of all of them togheter with their names.

Thank you so much Judy for going that extra mile!!
    The blocks you sent are absolutely beautiful!
    Thank you for the varigated thread. I've never been in a swap in which that has happened before.

I recently decided not to join any more swaps, but if you come up with another great idea, You can put me down before you even get started.
    Your swap has been fun.

Thanks again everyone that stepped up to make us a group of 12!!

I'll get a picture and send it as soon as everyone has received their blocks. I don't want to spoil their suprise when they open their packages.

doris

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Hello everyone,,,I got my blocks today and they are so pretty!!!! Judy, thank you for going the extra mile. And TY ,Bill, never got a block from a guy before. I am so pleased with them ,and am deciding what I will do with them. I dont want to pick favorites but there are three or four that just really inspired me to try the pattern. Thanks again all, Hugs, Caroline

• meima
    16 years ago

Hello to all!
    I received my blocks and I LOVE them. They are so beautiful and I am especially proud that they come from so many different places. Bill, thank you for the note. I have to say, you seem to be quite a unique and special person! I appreciate those of you who jumped in or doubled up on blocks. And Judy, you are great! Thank you for the floss. Some of the blocks did not have little labels, so I'd like to figure out who sent which ones of those. Next time, I'l know to put labels on too. I am so happy! Thank you to everyone!
    Meima

• lockeb
    16 years ago

WOW!!!!
    THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! I was afraid that I'd have to wait til after my vacation to see my blocks but they arrived today - not bad for a transborder delivery...they are all fabulous and I am so please...thanks so much to everyone - these are wonderful.... I am like Meima - I want to eventually find out who made them all - since some are missing names..
    This swaps are my first attempts in quilt swaps/groups and I'm still a beginner but I have to say thanks for everyone's encouragement, acceptance - I am thoroughly enjoying this outlet of creativty that comes from the groups...Thanks for the compliments and warm words - they are all appreciated....and today has given me another boost to run and do more and to try some new things....
    I love the blocks..these are going to end up in a project that I need to plan..it's my first swap that I've completed....and so this one is special....I really and truly do love all of my blocks.....I have to bring these to work tomorrow to show everyone - they will all be so jealous.....and they're all mine..
    Thanks again everyone..
    Hugs around the board...
    Bill
    P.S. Especially a big thangs to our SWAP MOM JUDY.......you did a wonderful job.....10 stars....

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

I received the most beautiful flower blocks today. Thank you quilters and especially Judy. This swap has been really fun since I signed up and had to make my blocks in a week. Talk about pressure but the reward was well worth it. I hope to participate in another swap like this one again. Thanks for allowing me to join in.

Janet

• meima
    16 years ago

I have just been admiring my flower blocks again. They are so beautiful! I have them all matched to their makers except for three...I need to know which one caroline1947, gininmn, and alabamajanet made. Thank you all again, so very much! This was my first on-line block swap, and I enjoyed it very much. Judy, you were a wonderful host, and count me in if you host another!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meima

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Meima,,,my block was this one,,,

{{!gwi}}

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Who made...
    The pieced/applique flower trio?
    The large, purple pieced flower?
    The batik applique flower? Judy?

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, I made the block with the three flowers. So I'm guessing that gininmn made the large purple pieced flower. Lovely flowers everyone.

Janet

• gininmn
    16 years ago

When I got home last night from two wonderful days of birdwatching in wildlife refuges in central Wisconsin, I was excited to find my package of lovely flower blocks. Thank you everyone; they are all wonderful.

As Janet guessed, I made the large purple pieced flower. I, too, wondered about who made some of the others which weren't labeled and even who Debbie from Kentucky was. I'm going to put a label on every one so I'll remember.

A big thank you to Judy for being such a wonderful hostess and for going above and beyond by making a second block so we'd have twelve right now.

Ginny

• coalaska
    16 years ago

These blocks sound beautiful--will you post pictures? Have you already on another thread?

Thanks,
    Cheryl

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

judy333--received
    vicky4x4--received
    crafteedee--received
    meima--received
    lockeb--received
    alabamajanet--received
    gininmn--received
    ddavisgray--received

caroline1947--received??

Caroline, did you receive your blocks yet?

These are the members of the swap that have received their blocks.
    Have I got that right?
    Is that everyone?

If so, I'll post a picture.

It seems like one is missing.
    Someone help me out please.

Doris

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Doris, Caroline posted on Tues that she received her blocks.

Janet

• alabamajanet
    16 years ago

Doris, Suellen and Amy have not posted yet.

Janet

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Thanks Janet!

doris

• amcfeely
    16 years ago

I got mine. Sorry I haven't been feeling well so I haven't been on much. But I did get mine and they are all beautiful. Thank you all so much.

Amy

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

judy333--received
    vicky4x4--received
    crafteedee--received
    meima--received
    lockeb--received
    alabamajanet--received
    gininmn--received
    ddavisgray--received
    caroline1947--received
    (sorry Caroline, I somehow missed your post)
    Amy--received
    Suellen--?

Can hardly wait to post pictures.
    there are so pretty.

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Hi everybody! I haven't posted because I have still been angry and sad.
    It seems like our wonderful postal system (NOT) lost the quilt blocks I sent to Judy. Judy and I have been emailing back and forth. We checked with our post offices at both ends and they are not to be found. ................................................................................................................................................

My suggestion to Judy was instead of sending me the blocks you all made to send each of you back your blocks so that you would have 12. Also it would feel odd to get all your beautiful blocks and not have put in a block for each of you.
    Suellen

• gininmn
    16 years ago

Suellen,
    I can understand your feelings about USPS losing your blocks; I would feel the same way if it had happened to mine.

Speaking only for myself, I'd like you to have the block I made for you regardless of whether the one you so lovingly made gets to me and, furthermore, I'd really like you to get all the blocks. I know you worked hard to get your blocks done and sent out on time. As you may know, we did end up with 12 blocks because Doris and Judy generously made an extra block for each of us.

Peace,
    Ginny

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Suellen,
    Things happen - especially with the post office..I'm with Ginny....don't worry about it - and if they ever get though - and we end up with an extra block - well, perhaps we can make a pillow to go wiht our quilt - I would like for you to have my block as well...with best, best, best wishes...
    Bill

• meima
    16 years ago

Hi Suellen,
    Here's a wonderful mail box story for you. Four years ago my senior class gathered a box of soccer uniforms, shoes, etc. from their younger siblings to send to a past student of mine who was serving in the Peace Corps in a small village in Africa. It was considerably expensive to mail it. Last summer I received a note in my mailbox from the post office to pick up a package. When I went to the post office they were initially confused because there was no package mailed to me. Finally, they found a package returned to me. It was the missing package. Who knows where it had been? The folks at the post office said that it had had quite a journey! It was very battered and weather beaten and looked so forlorn. It turned out that I was supposed to pay to retrieve it! When I told the story, they just gave it to me. So, I took it home to the garage and eventually donated it to a local charity.

Your blocks will have a wonderful cross country journey, and someday they will land. It will be a great story when it happens.

Please enjoy your blocks, and we will all enjoy the anticipation of your blocks' journey's end. Even quilt blocks can have an adventure!

Have a great day!
    Meima

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I, too, want Suellen to have the blocks! This could have happened to any of our packages. I've read at forums that these things do happen...usually with happy endings eventually!

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

By all means enjoy the blocks!!! Stuff happens,,Hugs, Caroline

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Thank you.
    You all are very sweet. I will send Judy my address and I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful blocks.
    Suellen

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Just a thought for future swaps...

Inside/or taped to the outside of the ziplock baggie, put your name & address.

When I hosted a swap last year, I rec'd a damaged envelope with 1/2 of the swap contents. She pkgd them in ziplock baggies & some slipped out of the torn envie. If your name & address is on the ziplock bag & slips out, it MIGHT make it back to you with a "Sorry, but..." letter from the USPS.

Suellen, hope your blocks eventually make it back to you. :)

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Anyone else decided on fabric to complement these blocks?

I'm waiting until Monday, so I can use my b-day discount & get my fabric. :)

• judy333
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YES! I have definitely decided on the complementary fabric! I found some fabric at a local (local for me is half an hour's drive away!) small quilt shop. I've auditioned it with the blocks and I love it! Yesterday, while online, I found the same fabric on sale at the web link listed below. I was ecstatic because the store where I bought it only had a few fat quarters. I ordered two yards online because I can definitely use this fabric with other projects as well. Now I can't wait for summer vacation to put the flower quilt together! (Being a teacher, May and early June are insanely busy. All quilting goes on "hold"!!!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Judy's Sashing & Border for Flower Swap Quilt

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

Judy, that's pretty fabric. Very oriental. :)

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Judy, I love thst fabric!!! I am going to use some green of some sort for mine. Havent decided yet,,,I think I am going to make a 9 block hanging and some pillows from my blocks.

• crafteedee
    16 years ago

This is what I bought today to compliment the blocks. leaf print (sashing), yellow (sm border), green (large outer border)

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

Judy & Crafteedee I am looking forward to seeing your sashing and border fabrics with the blocks.
    Suellen

• alabamajanet
    15 years ago

Suellen, did you ever receive our flower blocks? Please let us know if the PO ever found your blocks. Inquiring minds want to know. Hope you like them.

Janet

• judy333
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, folks!

Two weeks ago I was away for a week with no Internet, so I couldn't correspond with anyone. Since then, I've been dealing with degenerative disk problems in my neck which has ruled out all typing and computer work (and quilting...sob...). I'm typing against doctor's orders just to update everyone.

No, Suellen hasn't gotten the blocks. I don't have her snailmail address yet. I've been having trouble with spam blocking lately; therefore, Suellen, please try emailing me again if you've tried earlier when I was away or offline. Thanks!

Judy