SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

I've finally started painting my DR chairs black!

bac717
10 years ago

A few weeks ago, I happened to find a chalk based paint in black at a new shop in town and finally worked up the courage to paint my DR chairs. Since finding the table on CL and the chairs at a consignment shop, I've wanted to paint them black, but with very little furniture painting experience, was afraid to start. I didn't want to see any brush marks. Well, the chalk based paint I found gave me a very smooth application. I then used a clear wax to finish the chair and this is one part of this project where I'm struggling a bit. I have no experience with applying and buffing, so have been relying on any tutorials I can find on line. I think I'd like the finish to be just a little more 'satiny', but for a first attempt, I guess it's not too bad. This picture was taken with the sun shining on the chair.

Here's the chair without the seat at the table with the other chairs. Should I continue painting or do you think the chairs in black will look out of place?

One more of the chair with the seat.

All along, I thought I wanted black chairs, but now I'm second guessing myself. Thoughts? Do you think they look fine, or they should be shinier, or I shouldn't come anywhere near the other chairs with a paint brush???? Thanks so much.

This post was edited by bac717 on Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 22:08

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!