SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madtown_2006_gw

Please help with bathroom hardware (Pics)

madtown_2006_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm giving my hall bath a makeover and I've stalled out over the vanity hardware. The vanity was white and whoever painted it last was kind of sloppy, so there was white paint splotches on all the hinges. When I painted the vanity this navy blue, the white paint on the hinges looked awful. I was going to simply replace the hinges until I realized they were not standard. So! The hinges got a little paint, too. You can see in the pics I used a gray/silver color. Not the best, but not too bad. I had planned on using brushed nickel hardware (cup pulls on the drawers and knobs on the doors). But now that everything is coming together, I'm thinking chrome will look better since the other elements are chrome (light fixture, faucet, towel holders, etc). So...

1. Should I go with chrome knobs and pulls on the vanity?
2. Should I keep the gray/silver hinges or would they look better in a different color, like maybe something darker (bronze or black?)

I'm open to other knob/pull suggestions as well, my heart is not set on anything, although I've linked to my inspiration bath below if you'd like to see where I was heading....

Thank you all so much, you've always been a great help to me!

(Obviously these pics are mid-project, so it's very messy!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspiration bath from Live Beautifully blog

Comments (2)