SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

Paint Color Flow

16 years ago

We're getting ready to paint. After a consultation with Ellen Kennon, we're using Honeysuckle in our living room, Buttercream in the adjoining kitchen/dining area, Buttercream up the stairs to our 2nd floor, and then Sky in our master bedroom. Probably Sky in the upstairs bathroom, also, which isn't a true master. We have one more bedroom upstairs, a guest room, which I'm stumped over. I had originally thought to use EK H2 Ahhh, but then learned it was the same as RH Silver Sage, but in full spectrum. While I love that color in other people's homes, it just doesn't work in ours. The lighting here is wrong or something.

So, after playing with samples, we painted this room a BM color called Healing Aloe. Similar to Silver Sage, I realized after the fact, but not quite it. Lovely on the chip, lovely in a painted swatch in the room, but hideous on the whole room. It appears to be that fake mint color in the off brand mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Does anyone have any other paint colors ideas? I want something that will look good next to Buttercream and Sky. Had originally thought to go green, but don't want dark and we've had a really bad stretch of luck with greens. I think I'm probably done with green....for the rest of my life! (Struck out with it in the old house, too.)

Suggestions do not have to be EK paint. While I love her paints and the consultation was really helpful, I'm just not finding something we can use there, unless I do a variation of Sky or stick with the Buttercream. I'm thinking Buttercream would become monotonous, given it's in a huge part of our downstairs.

The room is 12 x 12. Dark stained woodwork. Neutral carpet. White ceiling. No bedding or other furniture is chosen yet. I know conventional wisdom would have me choose bedding first, but I think I'm going with a white quilt and neutral accents.

Thanks so much!!!

Comments (6)