SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2bme_gw

Should I get my own appraisal?

happy2bme
17 years ago

I posted around a week ago that I had a contract on my house. The appraisal was done and inspection. We settled and said we would fix what ever they found at the inspection (the inspectoe had incrediable expenses on what needed to be fixed) Then the appraisal came back....way low. They wanted 117,000.00 off the price we settled on so they would get the loan? We said no way. I am in Miami, a developer built 13 5,000 sq ft homes and the rest of the street is built by different builders with 3 and 4 bedrooms maybe 2,500 sq ft. Not many people move out of the larger homes on the canal, dead end street in a "A" rated school district. One house sold last year, on tax roll its bigger, but my tax roll excluded a bathroom and bedroom. I had my own certified appraiser come out and certify the real sq ft. of the house 5968. Anyway the 1 bigger house that sold paid cash towards the price but was never recorded, out property taxes are 2% of the purchase price. Other homes less than 3 miles away have sold for 1.265, 1.250 etc.. in that same neighborhood 2 homes are for sale 1.345 and 1.375, mine 1.3. They used the appraiser homes against mine a smaller home and different elevation sold for 957,00 and needs a total redo, they already put 200,000 into it, they used the same exact house as a another comapision!!!!!It was painted gray when for sale, then the new owner painted it tan???? Then they went 5 miles out of my range to a smaller home 3,300 sq ft that sys sale pending? But never put a price. On their way to that comp, they didnt bother to use the house on a busy street that has more land and a dated house that sold for 1.394???? My realtor said he spoke with 1 of the 2 realtors that brought the buying party to my house and said "No hard feelings and sorry for the shaningans" Should i just get my own appraisal done? Sorry for the long rant.....

Comments (6)