SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
little_country_gal

How do I plumb a seperate waterfall pump for a liner pool?

little_country_gal
16 years ago

We finally got stated on this Owner/Builder pool. WOW! I promise to post all the details once my head stops spinning! Once we said "Dig!" it has just been a furry of work, both from the hired diggers, and then afterwards by friends and family stopping by and pitching in. So far we are almost done with the panel install. And boy am I exhausted!!!

But back to the question... We are building a rock waterfall (real rock) on one side of the pool. I am planning on using a seperate waterfall pump, but I am stumped as to how to supply it with water. Initially we thought that we would just connect it to the main drains, and the pool pump to the skimmers. But after reading up a bit on it, it looks like that would be a bad idea both for an entrapment hazard on the drains, and if for some reason the skimmers ever ran dry, then the main pump could still pull water from the main drains so that it wouldn't run dry and burn up.

So how do you do it???

I noticed on the main drain kit that it also could be installed through the walls. Do I need a seperate set of "drains" (for lack of a better term) through the wall for the waterfall pump?

Thanks for all of your help!

-Renee

Comments (6)