SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmm1_gw

Clothes line removal before showing

cmm1
11 years ago

We will be putting our home on the market in the next 6 months.

We will be asking in the high 700 or low 800k range. The house sits on almost 12 private acres. No HOA!

When planning the house I specifically put the laundry room on the main floor near the outside exit so I could use a clothesline from April until the end of October. I only use the dryer in that time period for towels. Call me crazy but hanging clothes on the line is like therapy for me!

Now I know this is not for everyone so I am thinking I should remove the line before listing? It does sit in the back of the house so it does not appear as soon as you drive up the driveway.

We are marketing the house as energy efficient since we do have a geo thermal system which has been a huge cost savings on our electric bill. The house also is specifically insulated for the system using green material. I guess in a way a laundry line fits in with that theme? Or just tacky given the asking price for the house.

I would make sure there was no laundry hanging on days when a potential buyer would be through the house.

Comments (12)