SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi72_gw

Those with pool and walkout basement - do you like?

mimi72
14 years ago

My husband and I are at the point where we'd really like to have an inground pool for the family. We love our neighborhood where our boys (6, 5, 1) have lots of friends to play with and we have some casual adult friends. We own 5 acres and I want to build eventually, but it's out in the country and we'd lose that readlly available social infrastructure that's important right now.

Our current house has a walkout basement. They are pretty popular in our area (midwest). We have a deck out the back with stairs to the backyard. It's always made me feel somewhat disconnected to the backyard; we spend most of our time in front (where the people are). Especially for a pool, I'd love to be able to go right out from the main living area to a patio and then the pool. I've looked for other houses on the market that would offer that and can't find anything, and again, we love our current neighborhood.

Question -- For those of you who have a pool with a walkout basement, do you like it? Would you do it again? Are there any tips you could offer to make the house feel more "connected" to the pool with this set up? Thanks!

Comments (3)