SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Need Deck Color Suggestions,, Please.....

User
12 years ago

We redid our exterior porches and decks last spring and summer. At the time, our house trim color was a light beige. I loved the darker khaki color of the new deck railings so much that we are now repainting all the columns in the back and the house trim--- including the new portico---the same khaki color. It seems darker on the front of the house because of all the trees, but I have decided not to obsess over that (big step forward for me).

The deck proper, the actual horizontal surface walked upon, is a light chocolate milk color, a very subtle hue difference and one that, in strong sun, almost disappears. Now that everything is painted khaki and we have a veritable sea of khaki, I want to paint the decking in a darker or contrasting color. I have tried browns, tams, taupes, and greens, 10 at last count, and none of them look exactly right.

Please suggest a color I can try. I am looking for something darker, I think, as that will help with the paw prints that are so noticeable now, and I am leaning towards a brown but don't know why and would love to see other colors that would work.

The current deck railing color that is now the house trim:

This shows the old trim color on the windows, ÃÂ which is gone and is now the railing color (also shown) and the current deck color. (The step looks a different color because it is dirty.) ÃÂ I want a deck color darker that looks good with the khaki railings.

I know it doesn't

Ooh like there's a difference between the deck and railings, that's why I want to change. Any suggestions?

Comments (27)