SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

What wiggle room do I have with this pool bid...

lmhall2000
15 years ago

I can research buying a car and compare what others pay...it's pretty much the same car, but all pools are different and it's hard to tell if I'm getting a fair shake. I know the pool business has slowed down here (north Alabama) so I'm not sure if that translates into savings for me..I've got 3 pool companies I'm dealing with and trying to decide...any points on items you would change with what is listed here? The only three must haves for me are 2 Colorlogic lights instead of one big one...three bubblers on my seat shelf...and a wider step that juts out the side...so it's pretty much an 18x36 rectangular gunite pool with a seat at the deep end running 14 feet wide and the steps are at the front side running 8 feet wide with the 2nd step being a wrap around seat in the shallow...starting shallow at 4' and ending at 6.5 feet.

800 sq. feet of deck surrounding pool (concrete)

8" thick floor and walls reinforced with #3/8 steel rebar tied 12" on center each way.

bull nose brick coping (actually doing a different stone that is same price)

Interior finish consist of one 6" row of frost proof ceramic tile and Diamond Bright plaster applied 3/8" to 1/2" thick to interior (this company doesn't use pebbletec..no installers with experience locally)

* One cartridge filter

* One-1HP pump and motor

* One- 6lbs. stabilizer

* One main drain

* One color changing light (actually two)

* One start up chemicals

* Two inlet fittings

* One 8'x16' telescopic pole

* Deluxe II Maintenance kit

* automatic pool cleaner

* One salt generator

It says all necessary electrical, dirt or removal of dirt shall be paid for by customer...

I just don't think I'm getting a good deal for 55k....any thoughts??

Thanks!

Tara

Comments (13)