SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

A little angry. Need to vent.

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

I have a friend who has been calling me for a long time wanting to move down here from another state, because she said her BF was a drunk, etc., etc., so finally, I said yes, with reservations. The only reason I said yes, was she kept telling me how horrible it was, and crying, and making it sound like she was in grave danger from this horrible drunken abuser. It seems I was right to have reservations. She came in talking about how she was going back, because she missed him, blah, blah, blah. She then told me she "exaggerated" how bad he was, that he didn't drink that much, and that he was really, really good to her, more blah, blah, blah. He even called her, and she was agreeing with everything he said. I don't know the man. Never met him, and am beginning to see that I never knew her well enough either. THEN she called someone in the state she JUST LEFT and lined up a job for May 5!! So she's not even staying two weeks, and I'm really upset.

I was really looking forward to her being here. I went to a lot of trouble to get things nice for her. I'm so angry that she lied to me, if that's even the truth! I was counting on her helping out with the bills to get me through this tough financial time after surgery. She knew this. We talked about it before she came.

I don't trust people much, and this has put yet another brick in the wall. I am going to let her stay, but when she leaves, I'm going to cut off all communication with her. After talking with her today, I can see she obviously has psychological issues that I just don't need to deal with.

How can people do these things? I would never do this to a friend!

Comments (11)