SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianalo_loco

Window treatment - s.o.s.!

dianalo
13 years ago

Help!

I ordered window treatments while suffering from the flu and on cold meds. A sale was ending so I hurried a large order in covering 6 room with different treatments in 4 of them.

This one came in obviously too small, but we are stuck with it now. The budget would not cover tossing this, so here we are. I am hoping I did a better job measuring elsewhere! The bathroom window that matches this seems to be the perfect size, so I am holding on to a little hope ;)

It is sad because I got the premium liner to have maximum light blocking, but as you can see, the size is making it impossible to block the light.

Now... the question is, what to do with this? Should I do a valance and drapes over it? Maybe just a valance? What kind or color drapes/valance? The room is light gray (walls), dark purple (stencil & ceiling), white trim & medium gray/silver carpet. To further complicate matters, the roman shade came in less pure white than I had hoped. I am not sure if putting a pure white next to it will make it more obvious, although the window trim is bright white.... I had hoped for a very clean, streamlined look, but I think I need to hide the sides a little. I can maybe picture some sheer sort of "drape", maybe in silk to match the shade? I do not know what to do about the valance. If I did do a curtain rod as part of the fix, I'd want chrome because all our accents are in chrome.

H E L P !!!!! I just am not picturing how I can make this right. I'd really appreciate pix, drawings, or any sort of illustration to make sure I get a visual idea for it.

Thanks so much in advance ;)

Comments (13)