SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Just need a shoulder to cry on.....

11 years ago

Ok, just somebody tell me that these are worthless pieces of carp that I'm lucky I didn't get.

Here's the story. A consignment store about 40 mins away that I have never been to, posted this wicker screen on CL. I wasn't interested in that, but rather the chairs.

So, this morning as soon as the shop opened, I called. Yes,they had them. 2 sets of 4 chairs (not sure I understand the logic) 2 arm chairs and 4 side chairs. $149 for each set of 4.

I said, "I'm on my way".

The whole time I am driving there I'm imagining them painted a groovy color with a fab new cushion. For my Velvet Cloak dining room.

I get there. I see them. Then I see IT. There is a HOLD tag on the first set of 4. I find the 2nd set. Another hold tag. What? I find the worker bee. She tells me someone called and was coming the next day FROM VIRGINIA to buy them. But I was there. She said this woman called after me and asked for them to hold them.

I didn't want to put up a fuss and a stink. But really. I didn't know if I said the magic words "hold them", they would have been mine.

Consolation prize? I was able to put a "Second Hold" on them. I have no expectation that someone who is driving from Virginia will not buy them. ugh.

Yes, they were in excellent condition.

virginia. Aren't there chairs in Virginia? Why are you driving to PA?

Here's the photo where I spied the chairs. They are real rattan, not something made to look like rattan.

Please tell me how much better off I am without them.

Comments (51)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations