SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Please - need design & layout help with table - please

grannysmith18
16 years ago

Here's the story. For various reasons which are not interesting to anyone else, I need to have some sort of freestanding table in the kitchen. When you see the layout, it's obvious that I would be better off having having nice counter seating attached to the island - I know this, but I have to have a table. So what I would like to do is have a small (36 X 36 or so) table with room for 2 or 3, butted up to a wall of cabinets.

However, every now and again, when I need more room, I want to be able to move the table away from that wall and open it up, either with leaves in the center, or maybe those leaves that extend from the ends.

Here's the wall I'm talking about:

Here's an arial view of the plans. Please keep in mind that these are just preliminary drawings, but it's how the basic layout will be.

I just can't picture how this would work. Should the table attach to the wall in some way? Should the table extend onto a counter in the cabinet wall? What about table legs? My KD said the company building my cabinets can make a table too, but I just don't have a vision about this.

Or is there some ready made table I could buy that would work?

Right now, the basic layout is about the same, but there's no island, there's nothing on that wall where I want to put this table, and the kitchen table is in that space.

Style will be pretty modern, white and rift cut oak.

I really need help.

Comments (7)