SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softfurn

Please help me design my layout!

softfurn
15 years ago

My contractor is starting work this coming week. The proposed addition will not be done until next year but I need to figure out a layout now, as the electrical work will be going in by the end of the week. My roof needs to come off and be raised. Part of the existing kitchen ceiling is 6 1/2' h and the other is 7'. The ceiling sheet rock is off and we found a junction box, with no cover, and 7 feeds! The new ceiling will be 8'h. A new triple window will be going in and the door has been temporarily moved to the west side until next year. My laundry is currently in the kitchen. The current kitchen layout has a sink under the window and a small peninsula to the left of it, with DW. The range is centered on the right wall, and the fridge backs up to the bath wall, next to the living room opening. I would like to put in a French door on the W side and make the new area a mud room/ laundry room, and add windows on the S side. What to do with the kitchen??? I would like a farm sink, but don't think I have enough room under the window if I put a lazy Susan in the corner. I also hate the location of the fridge now. Sooooooo, I need some serious design help asap so we can get the electrical work going and ceiling insulated and sheetrocked before winter(crawl space is below kitchen). Sorry for the size of the first drawing.Thanks

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville