SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

layout & design help requested please

eks6426
15 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on kitchen design and would like some help with layout. Below is the basic walls of my kitchen. I currently have a large section of windows on the 18'2" wall that is over the sink and 1 window at the end of the room which faces my backyard (south).

Some things I would like:

Mostly open shelving for uppers. I'm thinking open shelving along the entire 18' wall except over the range which would be a hood. On the open shelving, I plan to put dishes & pans/pots.

Some closed uppers on the ends of the kitchen for storing glasses & misc. items.

2 sinks...1 of them a prep sink which would ideally have counter space between the range & prep sink.

Mostly drawers for lowers.

Eat in area near the windows to the backyard. I'm considering adding more windows that wrap around to the door to the porch and doing a banquette type seating.

Not sure what to do with microwave or toaster oven.

I would love to do a cooktop & a wall unit but I can't figure out how to make that work. If I can't have a cooktop/wall oven, I'd like a 36" range.

Fridge is ok where it is. It just fits. I know it's not the best location, but I can't come up with any other options.

We're willing to move plumbing/electrical so function is more important than keeping things where they are now.

Ceiling is standard 8'.

If anyone is willing to tackle this and make suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments (12)