SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Exterior help wanted please

kellienoelle
10 years ago

Hello all- tis the season to turn to exterior decorating! I'll add my pleas for ideas to the rest. We have been in our house for a year now, spent the first just seeing what we had (nothing) and observing sunlight patterns. Here is our little yard as is today. We are looking at completely redoing the beds in the front and expanding them quite a bit. The house is north facing so light is somewhat limited making it hard to grow grass. Our brick walkway also has some puddling issues due to that which wed like to improve. I have somewhat of a black thumb so hearty and low maintenance is a plus. My husband is also requesting evergreens. We will fill those urns with annuals for color and add some more pot so are looking at just the foundations plants for the time being. We live in Kansas City so get hot summers and cold winters.

Right now we are thinking dwarf spruces to either side of the front porch. Then a couple of yews on either side, move the boxwoods up. Maybe edge it all in monkey grass to help with the water run off. I'd love a tree of some sort but don't think we have enough room. That is our boring and basic plan, maybe you could do better?

Comments (40)