SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Help me buy living room chairs, please?

crl_
11 years ago

I think I have figured out how to post a picture, so here goes.

We moved into this house recently and would like to buy a matched pair of fabric covered chairs for the living room. The brown leather recliner in the picture will be moved to a different room. The chairs would go on front of the big window with a small table between them.

The brown leather couch stays. The "rug" (flor tiles) and the curtains stay. They are new and we like them. The coffee table was a recent Craigslist purchase and it stays.

The room is our only living room/family room space. The house is a 1926 French revival style house. We like shaker, early American antiques and transitional style furniture for the most part.

I will post a couple more pictures below. One is a piece of art that we both love and that also has some sentiment attached to it. We plan to hang this over the couch and use it as the color inspiration for the room.

The other picture shows the fireplace. We had the television put over the fireplace and are happy with that decision. There was no mantel when we moved in. We plan to have one made and put up at some point. We also plan to frame the television and buy the screen cover that will turn it into a mirror when it is not in use. The side of the room not pictured is an open arch to the dining room.

I am thinking blue fabric for the chairs, in a small low-contrast print, maybe? What do you think? We have kids and so a fabric that can stand up to that is important. I have read that sunbrella fabric would be a good choice? Suggestions on choosing a fabric?

We are looking at the mid-price range. Think Crate and Barrel prices. We plan to start with a local furniture store that carries Lee Industries along with other brands. We may also look at Ethan Allen. And we plan to look at Crate and Barrel. Other suggestions?

I will link to a couple of chair possibilities below.

Thank you so much for any thoughts!

Comments (5)